What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not turning on, works only with the power cord attached

AMNG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
My Ipad 2 suddenly switched off while I was using skype.
I am not sure if this is due clicking on to a message on skype asking me to upgrade.
I have tried holding the on/off button and the center button with the whole thing, the apple logo shows and after a min the ipad starts but only when attached to the power cord.
I even tried resetting the ipad.
The funny thing is the ipad works only when it is attached to the power cord, even if it is showing 19% battery,
I also did a software update so that incase the software was damaged, but the result is the same,
Can anybody help,
Thanks in Advance
AMNG

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Could your iPad not have enough charge as to run by itself? Have you ever let your battery run right down before recharging so as to recalibrate the battery meter?
This is a recommended step so as to keep an accurate meter for your battery. Have you left it on charge for a while without using it to ensure it does have sufficient charge?
Also, how are you charging it, with the supplied cable or another cable and do you charge directly to a power outlet?

Another question, has your iPad ever been left dormant for a length of time without charge?.......this may damage your battery.

Updating an app should not cause this to happen.

Let us know the answer to all these questions so that we are better able to help you.

In the meantime, I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

Most reactions

Latest posts