What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 power button problem

Houdini40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recenly bought a replacement digitizer, wi/fi cable and a new power flex cable for my Ipad. Once installed, I attempted tp test it before final assembly and nothing happened. Then I noticed that the microswitch for the power button does not move. I believe that the power flex cable is the problem. However, when I plug in the Ipad to charge it, it makes a sound like its charging, but the lcd screen does come on to show that it is charging. If the power button is stuck/ damaged, could that cause the screen not to come on? Any suggestions????:(

monkey bytes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen replacement

I recenly bought a replacement digitizer, wi/fi cable and a new power flex cable for my Ipad. Once installed, I attempted tp test it before final assembly and nothing happened. Then I noticed that the microswitch for the power button does not move. I believe that the power flex cable is the problem. However, when I plug in the Ipad to charge it, it makes a sound like its charging, but the lcd screen does come on to show that it is charging. If the power button is stuck/ damaged, could that cause the screen not to come on? Any suggestions????:(

I have found when replacing the digitizer for Ipads that the screen will stay dark until you hold power button and home button to "reboot" it.

Most reactions

Latest posts