What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 not mirroring everything on apple tv

savplumb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the ios5 and purchased a new apple tv, updated the software on apple tv, which it stated it was already. I get all video feeds mirroring, but no mirroring on anything else. Do get sound like on games, but no mirroring on browser, or much anything else, any suggestions

sis3970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you upgrade your apple tv to the latest version also? Mirroring is only added in the latest atv ...

sis3970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ooooh, sorry, just read that you did...

Try this: double tap the home button, swipe to the left, and tap the airplay icon. Here you should see the option to mirror...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the ios5 and purchased a new apple tv, updated the software on apple tv, which it stated it was already. I get all video feeds mirroring, but no mirroring on anything else. Do get sound like on games, but no mirroring on browser, or much anything else, any suggestions
What version of software is your Apple TV2 running? The reason I ask is that it must be the current 4.4 or 4.4.1 to enable mirroring.

It's possible that it's 4.3 and that your Apple TV2 is saying it has the most current software. There is a known issue (now acknowledged by Apple) that there is a problem with updating the ATV2 to 4.4.1 for folks with v4.3 and that they expect to have a resolution "soon".

rodder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, my appleTV2 (I only bought it last week) has the old 4.3 software and there is no mirroring button when I switch to apple TV on the iPad2. When I want to update the software I get a message telling me that there is no update available. I brought it back to the retailer and he is going to contact apple. Let's hope they get it fixed because thats why I bought the apple TV in the first place!!!!!

Eddy

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, my appleTV2 (I only bought it last week) has the old 4.3 software and there is no mirroring button when I switch to apple TV on the iPad2. When I want to update the software I get a message telling me that there is no update available. I brought it back to the retailer and he is going to contact apple. Let's hope they get it fixed because thats why I bought the apple TV in the first place!!!!!

Eddy
Per my post above...

There is a known issue (now acknowledged by Apple) that there is a problem with updating the ATV2 to 4.4.1 for folks with v4.3 and that they expect to have a resolution "soon".

Most reactions

Latest posts