What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Magnet Feature Turn Off?

DCYPHAx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying an iPad 2 in a week or two, but I was wondering, can the magnet feature be turned off? I dont really like the aspect of it being automatically on when i remove the cover, is there a setting where you can still remove the smart cover (or any other magnet controlled cover) and then be at the 'slide to unlock screen'? i dont mind the feature that when you put the cover on it goes to sleep, but not the open to wake. Can someone please verify for me?

And second, could anyone refer me the best smart cover alternative, that also protects the back aswell?

OP
D

DCYPHAx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes what you wish is possible via settings

is it possible so that you can have one off and one on?
like when you put the smart cover on, it goes to sleep,but when you open it up, it stays asleep for you to unlock with slide?

iRockSteady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can think of a way to deactivate magnets on anything period, let alone an iPad 2, I would def be interested in hearing it....

OP
D

DCYPHAx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can think of a way to deactivate magnets on anything period, let alone an iPad 2, I would def be interested in hearing it....

i still want the magnets to work - its the smart cover awake/sleep settings i wish to turn off/on

OP
D

DCYPHAx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it possible so that you can have one of the features off and one on?
like when you put the smart cover on, it goes to sleep,but when you open it up, it stays asleep for you to unlock with slide?
anyone help?

ALSO -- Can people suggest the best Smart cover alternative that also protects the back of the iPad2

Jamrandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lonzom10 said:
Where in "Setting" is this feature located?

It's under settings. See attachment

Attachments

• image-2784338005.png
    image-2784338005.png
    180 KB · Views: 5,299

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lonzom10 said:
Where in "Setting" is this feature located?

It's under settings. See attachment

You either need the cover before the feature appears or take a small magnet and drag it down the right side od the iPad till the screen turns off. Then the feature will be visible.

Jamrandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DavidM said:
You either need the cover before the feature appears or take a small magnet and drag it down the right side od the iPad till the screen turns off. Then the feature will be visible.

It also works if you swipe your headphones down the right side of the screen.

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was able to get the setting to show up by running the magnet down the side. I recently bought a leather binder style case with magnets in the front cover. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the magnets turn the iPad off for some reason.

Most reactions

Latest posts