What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Smart Cover on/off feature worth it poll

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Do you use the Smart Cover?

2. Do you use the magnetic on/off feature?

3. If yes above, how much time does this feature save?

4. Do you remove the Smart Cover from your iPad often?

5. If yes above, why do you remove it?

6. What other protective cover, sleeve, or tote do you use for home, work or travel?

7. Any additional comments?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. No, not presently, but I own one
2. Yes, the feature it worth it but other cases provide the same feature.
3. Lots, since I don't have to turn the screen off. I could not live without it, frankly.
4. When I actively used it, yes, I would take it off during long sessions.
5. Because it was easy to remove and taking it off made the iPad a bit lighter for long sessions.
6. My favorite is the Bodyguardz Garrison, a folio case. My next favorite is the Bear Motion.
7. The Apple SC is too expensive, but the leather version is nice. I got a black one...I might get a red one. They work fine when used with either a skin or a plastic back cover.

kies99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Yes I use the Smart Cover
2. Yes I use the magenetic on/off feature
3. Saves a lot of time over the long haul. I like it because I just flip the cover closed and go.
4. I remove it somewhat often
5. I like the feel of how thin the iPad 2 is
6. On the back I use a Gelaskin of my design and then the whole thing into a cheap neoprene sleave I got at $5 Below
7. One of the major appeals to me of the iPad 2 is how slim it is. I had a SwitchEasy Canvas which did it's job but I started to hate the bulk it added. Best investment was the Gelaskin in combination with a leather Smart Cover I got on Ebay for $7 (including shipping). I take it out of the neoprene case except when I'm moving around (commuting to work, etc...) and the gelaskin and Smart Cover are all the protection I need. I even let my 10yo and 8yo daugthers use it and I don't worry about it.

Most reactions