What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has any particularly daring programmer attempt to physically modify the ipad 2? I'd be too scared to do that with mine, but that might be one way to tap into the firmware...I knew people who replaced hard drives and screens on my first gen ipod, so no matter how tightly coiled the systems are, there's gotta be some tech gurus who can service them, right?*

*At the cost of completely irrevocably voiding the warranty, sure, but I'm speaking as a hypothetical!

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Need to pay for a Jailbreak!!!! @p0sixninja was just on channel 12.4 on the app "IPtt" for the MyGreatFest giveaway and said the iPad2 Jailbreak will be released within a couple weeks!!!! Greenpois0n for FREE! I think @ion1c said he was charging, talking about charging the people who put it out, then the people who put it out get all the donations. That sounds right...

FREE MY iPAD2 

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
No Need to pay for a Jailbreak!!!! @p0sixninja was just on channel 12.4 on the app "IPtt" for the MyGreatFest giveaway and said the iPad2 Jailbreak will be released within a couple weeks!!!! Greenpois0n for FREE! I think @ion1c said he was charging, talking about charging the people who put it out, then the people who put it out get all the donations. That sounds right...

FREE MY iPAD2 

FANTASTIC NEWS ! almost out of money from all that pizza ... ;)

Kabona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevbo said:
Charging for it would be stupid. It would be on bittorrent/rapidshare in seconds. On the other hand, some incentive might be the only way to get things done.

Not if it is web based like jailbreakme

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i really wish there is a way to learn how to actually hack/jailbreak without letting apple find out... i know there is the iphone wiki but it doesnt actually contain any information on how to start. i know i might not be as skilled as those on the dev teams, but there are so many of us here on the forum alone, that i bet we can all at least amount to something.

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to find a video of his web interview today. I failed to do so, but I did find an old interview:Interview With An iPhone Hacker [Archive] - SiNfuL iPhone.

There's the one q/a:

iE: If someone would like to get into the iHacking scene, what should they know?

p0sixninja: C/C++, ARM assembly, and basic exploitation techniques. And you’ll need a LOT of free time and patience.

Even though the are no explicit how to hack an ipad tutorials out there, people have written guides on exploiting other devices. I think those are a good place to start. It's something I'm really interested in learning, but haven't had the chance to do yet. A couple of things on my to read list include: this article .:: Phrack Magazine ::., and a book titled "Hacking: the Art of Exploitation" by a Jon Erickson.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to find a video of his web interview today. I failed to do so, but I did find an old interview:Interview With An iPhone Hacker [Archive] - SiNfuL iPhone.

There's the one q/a:

iE: If someone would like to get into the iHacking scene, what should they know?

p0sixninja: C/C++, ARM assembly, and basic exploitation techniques. And you’ll need a LOT of free time and patience.

Even though the are no explicit how to hack an ipad tutorials out there, people have written guides on exploiting other devices. I think those are a good place to start. It's something I'm really interested in learning, but haven't had the chance to do yet. A couple of things on my to read list include: this article .:: Phrack Magazine ::., and a book titled "Hacking: the Art of Exploitation" by a Jon Erickson.

Thank you so much! at least i have somewhere to start now =P thats wat i'll be doing all summer now that im out of school

Ratha4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ask i0n1c today he said no jailbreak for iPad 2 he don't even have an iPad 2

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sunday is over. No iPad2 JB as expected :)
But in the twitter there so much trolling :)

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@veeence
veeence
OK, feather-heads are confused now. So, there is an iPad2 exploit (ELEVATOR), but @i0n1c is just not interested in releasing it. Period.

finally, i guess we all know now where this is heading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts