What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeLLaRosE120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should I update my ipad2 with the 4.3.2 or should I leave it on the 4.3.1 for when the jailbreak is released?

Sent from my iPad2

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
BeLLaRosE120 said:
Should I update my ipad2 with the 4.3.2 or should I leave it on the 4.3.1 for when the jailbreak is released?

Sent from my iPad2

Well, it is hard to say.

To play safe, you would only update, once one of the jb developers states that a jb will be released for that version. But as of now, no jb for 4.3.1/2 has been announced.

4.3.2 mostly includes bug fixes, if none of the fixed bugs ever occurred for you, you may as well stay on 4.3.1.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BeLLaRosE120 said:

Sent from my iPad2

Nobody knows the right answer I'm afraid.

If you were still in 4.3 there is an argument to stay there since we know there is a working exploit on iPad2, however there is less chance a JB will be developed for 4.3.1 on iPad2 now as 4.3.2 has the same known OS exploits.

It is however impossible to give an answer that is definitive based on fact. Sorry.

BeLLaRosE120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Well, it is hard to say.

To play safe, you would only update, once one of the jb developers states that a jb will be released for that version. But as of now, no jb for 4.3.1/2 has been announced.

4.3.2 mostly includes bug fixes, if none of the fixed bugs ever occurred for you, you may as well stay on 4.3.1.

Ok..thanks for reply

Sent from my iPad2

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
F4780y are you saying that the exploit that was found in 4.3 is still there in 4.3.2? I thought the exploit was patched in 4.3.1?

tbparker90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lost

so i have read the forum and still cant get a clear answer. i jailbroke my ipad i just got. i now have an ipad 2 also and it is on 4.3. so it was jailbreakable in 4.3 but they patched 4.3? or is 4.3 still able to be jailbroken?

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i have read the forum and still cant get a clear answer. i jailbroke my ipad i just got. i now have an ipad 2 also and it is on 4.3. so it was jailbreakable in 4.3 but they patched 4.3? or is 4.3 still able to be jailbroken?

as far as i understand, 4.3 is jailbreakable, but that exploit was patched in 4.3.1. but there are serious doubts on whether that jailbreak will ever see public release due to the use of some apple code.

4.3.1 and 4.3.2, nothing seems to have been reported so far. if something comes out in the next month, i'll be very surprised. pleasantly, of course.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I believe IPad 2 is NOT jailbroken. We are still waiting with great patience......

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tbparker90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I believe IPad 2 is NOT jailbroken. We are still waiting with great patience......

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ok. so it was jailbroken but there is no public release to it. makes sense now. i have never dealt with apple products before. im an android guy lol. i can find roots but apple is a whole new world.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

as far as i understand, 4.3 is jailbreakable, but that exploit was patched in 4.3.1. but there are serious doubts on whether that jailbreak will ever see public release due to the use of some apple code.

4.3.1 and 4.3.2, nothing seems to have been reported so far. if something comes out in the next month, i'll be very surprised. pleasantly, of course.

That was the way I understood it and it's a matter of the devs re-writing the code so there are no legal issues with apple about using their code. I was just confused when f4780y said 4.3.2 has the same known OS exploit, I interpreted it as Apple patched it in 4.3.1 and then forgot to patch it in 4.3.2... I'm so confused :) I'm still on 4.3 (got mine on launch day) so I'm just gonna wait it out an hopefully it will either be for 4.3 or 4.3.2. For everyone's sake I hope it is for 4.3.2 as I'm sure that's what the latest models are probably shipping with.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
F4780y are you saying that the exploit that was found in 4.3 is still there in 4.3.2? I thought the exploit was patched in 4.3.1?

No, 4.3.2 has the same known OS exploits as 4.3.1. The iPad2 exploit in 4.3 is patched.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This ipad is soooo boring without a jail break.

Some of us are OK with boring --

party.jpg

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Pwned Pak said:
Totally disagree

The Jailbreak makes the apple device what it should of been in the first place,Without it its just a fashion statement

i wouldn't go as far as saying it is boring/fashion statement, but i do agree that what it can do has been limited by apple, and by jailbreaking, you can do a lot more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions