What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 ISO6 downgrade to ISO 5.1.1

statics51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 is on ISO6. Now I want to downgrade back to ISO5.1.1 problem is I didn't save my SHSH with Tinyumbrella.. I know that Saurik server(Cydia) has back up of my SHSH on ISO 5.1.1 and 5.0.1 so my question is How do I do to get them or is there anyway I could downgrade without my SHSH?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently, there is no way to downgrade an iPad from iOS 6 back to iOS 5.1.1. This is even if you have SHSH blobs saved.

So, yes, you could use Tiny Umbrella to get those SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 - but there is no way to use them. As far as we know, there is no known way to downgrade off of iOS 6 in the works.

Unfortunately, you will just have to wait and hope a jail break for iOS 6 is found and released to the public. Sorry.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sneak3 said:
Hey, how about upgradeing from 4.x to 5.1.1 on an ipad2? Is that possible?

Sorry, no. Apple is no longer signing ios5.1.1. The only upgrade you can do is to iOS 6. Since you are currently on iOS 4.x, you have to connect your iPad to your computer with the docking cable and use iTunes. Make sure to download the latest version of iTunes onto your computer before starting.

Last edited:

felsandric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mickey,

My all settings were blank, so i had no way to do anything but to do Restore from backup.
Stuck at Apple logo.
Had to use Itunes to upgrade to 6.0 . No other option
Now even with Tiny umbrella, my shsh blobs saved and tinyumbrella running, from Remote or local ( fetch )
Doesn't work, comes with Error - Restore failed or Restore error in dialog box.
Is there anyway to restore it back to 5.0.1 or 5.1.1.
Please advise, Your help will be really appreciated,

Thanks,
Sam

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
felsandric said:
Hi Mickey,

My all settings were blank, so i had no way to do anything but to do Restore from backup.
Stuck at Apple logo.
Had to use Itunes to upgrade to 6.0 . No other option
Now even with Tiny umbrella, my shsh blobs saved and tinyumbrella running, from Remote or local ( fetch )
Doesn't work, comes with Error - Restore failed or Restore error in dialog box.
Is there anyway to restore it back to 5.0.1 or 5.1.1.
Please advise, Your help will be really appreciated,

Thanks,
Sam

Welcome to the iPad forums. I'm sorry to tell you that there is no way for you to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 at this time. You will have to stay on iOS 6 and wait for an iOS 6 jailbreak.

LiviutzuAs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can find a very good explained tutorial about how to downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1 right here : [

[Moderator edit: Removed link to iPad-related forum. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I removed the link in the post above because (1) it links to an iPad-related forum which is against our rules. However, the main reason I remove it is because (2) there is no way at this time to downgrade an iPad2 or iPad3 from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1. None.

Please refrain from posting links that do not fit with the current topic at hand. Thank you.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good news for all, hot off the press :)

The latest redsn0w has now been released by the iPhone Dev-Team, allowing iPad2 and iPad3 owners to re-restore 5.x firmware versions provided they have the necessary blobs. There is, of course, still no way to restore without blobs!

See our announcement thread here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/92568-redsn0w-restoration-reinvigoration.html

And our tutorial here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html

Happy Restoring :D

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news for all, hot off the press :)

The latest redsn0w has now been released by the iPhone Dev-Team, allowing iPad2 and iPad3 owners to re-restore 5.x firmware versions provided they have the necessary blobs. There is, of course, still no way to restore without blobs!

See our announcement thread here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/92568-redsn0w-restoration-reinvigoration.html

And our tutorial here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html

Happy Restoring :D

This will NOT DOWNGRADE iPad 3 on IOS6.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This will NOT DOWNGRADE iPad 3 on IOS6.

That's why it's not called a downgrade. It's a re-restore. The details are quite clear.

Also, since this thread is specific to the iPad2, it WILL DOWNGRADE from iOS 6 IF the owner had 4.x blobs saved. Our members find these treads by searching for their specific problems, hence the reason to update the post with new facts which are relevant, even if the OP is out of luck!

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tested the downgrade with iOS 4.3.5 and iOS 5.1.1 on my iPad2 from iOS 6. It works, just that I was tired when I tried it the first time and ended up with a recovery mode loop iPad. You HAVE to have at least 1 iOS 4 SHSH blob saved in order to do it.

toebugz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's why it's not called a downgrade. It's a re-restore. The details are quite clear.

Also, since this thread is specific to the iPad2, it WILL DOWNGRADE from iOS 6 IF the owner had 4.x blobs saved. Our members find these treads by searching for their specific problems, hence the reason to update the post with new facts which are relevant, even if the OP is out of luck!

If I don't have 4.x SHSH Blob saved, what should I do? Please Help Guys...

Most reactions