What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 infrared receiver?

Eldela1590

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just purchased a Pentax DSLR camera and it can send pictures via infrared, so I was wondering if there would be any app for the iPad 2 so I could receive the pictures?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad does not have an infra-red receiver, so there is no way that it can receive pictures using the IrDA infra-red communications standard.

Tim

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What card does it use? You can buy a camera connection kit for the iPad that accepts SD Cards.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim

And noddy, it has an sdhc memory card

Then you're good to go. Just get the optional Camera Connection Kit and everything will be fine. It accepts SD cards and can also connect directly to the camera if it has a miniature USB port.

Tim

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm.. I'm sure you meant "Thanks Tim & Noddy for your help" :)

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EyeFi has an 8GB card that creates it's own WiFi network that the iPad can connect to. No need to remove the card from the camera to view pictures. I plan on buying one soon.

OP
E

Eldela1590

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EyeFi has an 8GB card that creates it's own WiFi network that the iPad can connect to. No need to remove the card from the camera to view pictures. I plan on buying one soon.

That sounds great, wish I would have thought about that before I bought mine.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just purchased a Pentax DSLR camera and it can send pictures via infrared, so I was wondering if there would be any app for the iPad 2 so I could receive the pictures?

Thanks

Which Pentax model is this?
Infrared emitter for remote flash control is common, but infrared data transmission is not. I'm curious.
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts