What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Group Use Problem

dbarry722

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks..

I've just joined the forum and am impressed with what I see and hopefully folk will be able to assist me the next few months as I am relatively new to iPad's..

The answer may be relatively straightforward and maybe I can't see the wood for the trees.

The powers that be in the school have purchased 26 iPad 2's to use for group use throughout the school and at the moment, I've set them up individually using itunes. I'm looking at the Apple Configurator Application but I have a few issue with it that need ironed out with management.

My problem at moment is accessing the internet from a multi user point of view. As iPad's are generally a one user device in my opinion, I have the problem in that each iPad can be used by numerous students but when a user types in her user credentials to get out past the proxy server, it seems to hold these settings which the next user could technically use to access the internet.

Is there a way that when a user finishes using the iPad that she can run an app to remove all proxy credential information?

I hope that makes sense. As is it, if I use the iPad and give it my credentials to access the internet, it holds it and makes the internet available to the next user of the iPad. That is something I don't want to happen as all internet activity the next user uses is then tied to me.

Regards

Declan Barry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most site credentials are stored in cookies, so:

Safari has a Privacy mode. In iOS 6 it is in Safari's settings. In iOS 7 it's a toggle at the lower left when viewing the Favorites screen. You could check Configurator to see if that is one of the available policy settings available. I'm not familiar with the utility, so I've no idea if it can be done.

You can also set Settings > Safari's Block Cookies to never allow cookies. This is also slightly different in iOS 6 and 7, so read what it says carefully. This is more likely to be covered in Configurator.

Finally, you could block Safari entirely using the Restrictions settings, and install at third party browse that does not store cookies. There are several of these ultra-private browsers. The downside is that with Safari disabled a lot of the built in Open in Safari features of other apps will be broken.

That's all I can think of.

Most reactions

Latest posts