What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 first sync with Itunes help

sckistler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this forum. I have an Ipad 2 and want to sync with itunes (Dell laptop). I have itunes set to to manually sync and not auto. How do I keep from deleting such things as apps, contacts etc from my Ipad 2 on this first sync? Thanks for any help.

Scott

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why not change your settings from manual sync back to auto sync? Since you have it on manual sync, you have to "manage" each time what you want and don't want to .

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Uncheck the "Sync Apps", OK the warning. Sync. IMMEDIATELY UNPLUG!!!

This would allow you to sync apps without having to delete

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this forum. I have an Ipad 2 and want to sync with itunes (Dell laptop). I have itunes set to to manually sync and not auto. How do I keep from deleting such things as apps, contacts etc from my Ipad 2 on this first sync? Thanks for any help.

Scott

Just for clarification, are you not wanting to back up some of your apps to itunes?

OP
S

sckistler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I could back up my Ipad apps to itunes but I thought that you couldn't go from Ipad to computer? Basically I have been adding all my apps via ipad. I dont have any apps in itunes and that's why I am hesitant to sync and loose the ipad apps. Syncing seems tricky especially with multiple apple devices (ipad 2, ipod, nano, and two iphone 4s's). And the cloud is that much more confusing!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I load all my apps on my iPad then I sync with iTunes.

If the worst did happen you can open the iTunes App on your iPad and tap the purchased tab and re-download your apps for free.

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, sck...that's why I wanted to know if you were going to back up some of your apps. As, gabriel1, stated--I also backed up my apps thru iTunes. Since this is the first time for you to sync your iPad, that way you have a backup of everything.

Most reactions