What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 didn't start after installing SwirlyMMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmadroom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everyone,

today I installed SwirlyMMS from Cydia but my :ipad-front: I pad2 3G 64g didn't start at all, showing me the apple logo and the small circle seemed to be spinning, and the apple logo disappear after couple of minutes and appear again :(.
I tried the soft start but didn't help (the device just back to the apple logo).
I connected it the iTunes but didn't recognize it :mad:.
so I don't know what to do:confused:,

I need help pleeeeeeaaaaaaase:eek:.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try a full reboot? Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If that didn't/doesn't work, do you have a way to put that iPad into Safe Mode? You've got to get back to Cydia to uninstall that SwirlyMMS tweak you just put on. If you can get into Safe Mode, the Cydia icon will still be there so you can go to Cydia.

Try either of those and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
A

Ahmadroom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try a full reboot? Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

I tried that, I hold both button until the screen went dark and the apple logo appeared again with the little circle which moved for a while then stopped, but the home screen didn't appear for 5 hours!!!!.

If that didn't/doesn't work, do you have a way to put that iPad into Safe Mode? You've got to get back to Cydia to uninstall that SwirlyMMS tweak you just put on. If you can get into Safe Mode, the Cydia icon will still be there so you can go to Cydia.

No I can't do that bcoz the screen still showing that ANNOYING apple logo.

Thanx

OP
A

Ahmadroom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
extra thing the little circle i mentioned, it appeared for couple of seconds the disappeared for almost 3 minutes then back again but didn't spin.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SwirlyMMS is an iPhone only application. The BigBoss repo prevents you from purchasing it and installing it on the iPad because it will crash the OS! It gives a clear message when you try.

SwirlyMessage for iPad 3G is the legitimate product for our devices.

Therefore, the first lesson you need to learn is not to be a pirate and steal software! Pirated App repos do not use any of the safety or dependency checks which the legitimate repos do, so they let you install any old thing on your device. In some cases, such as this, you get yourself into terrible trouble.

The second lesson that you now learn, is that we don't support folks that pirate or steal software. Jailbreaking is not about getting stuff for free. It is about enhancing your iPad, but that does not mean you get to pirate the apps which JB developers put so much effort into.

I suggest you read our rules, which are linked in my sig, then restore your iPad to 4.3.3 to remove the problem.

Thread Closed.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, f4780y, for that great catch! I'll put the name of that tweak into my files so the next time I'm faced with helping a pirate (read: thief) ... I won't! :mad:

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts