What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 camera

Bushy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion the best camera I have is the one to hand!

So if the kids are playing whilst I am sat browsing on my iPad, I want to capture that moment then and there and not say hold on let me pop to the office and grab the dslr etc or if I have my phone to hand I will use that - very few pictures I want to take are planned but the ones that are, are normally for sales items on eBay, which ain't great with the iPad lol

Still I am sure that the iPad 3 will address this issue :)

Reaction score
I dont find the camera quality very good.. Can this be improved ??

Lighting is your friend.
If you look on the "photos taken on your Ipad" thread there are many that are more than adequate.
The best shots seem to come from outdoor shots and more natural lighted indoor shots

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
M

Moonmaid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple should be ashamed of themselves promoting a camera and coming up with this one. Would have it been that hard to put a better one in the ipad 2 and let it be your choice whether or not you want to use it for that purpose.

Reaction score
Apple didn't promote the camera perse, the users did. Apple simply stated a camera is included for video calls and such. At no point did they promote it for snap shots that I'm aware of. The general public chose to like or dislike it for photos. It's no different than when cameras first started showing up on phones. They never tried to hide the capabilities of them, we chose to accept or not accept a vga sized camera usage. Just like with the phone industry, the feed back is heard and look for Apple and others to improve tablet cameras and people to still complain.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
i cant agree, that Apple didnt promote the camera. Actually he said some big words about it, but did not ever mention that it does not take aceptavle stills, that are under 1 MP ! It’s HD, so whatever you shoot is a mini-masterpiece....create your own mini-masterpiece right on iPad....Shoot all day and into the night. Bring on the candles and little white lights. Go find fireplaces, sunsets, or a sky full of stars. You can get the full effect on iPad without a big flash. The advanced backside illumination sensor lets you capture great moments even in low light...

in technical specs they say. Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom. They never mention, that the ca is crap, but if you read everywhere avout HD cam, you are more thsn sure, that it also takes good photos ! All the others do...

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

Mikek777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does not seem that bad

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-2565758717.png
    image-2565758717.png
    860.2 KB · Views: 516
  • image-1170430100.png
    image-1170430100.png
    746.6 KB · Views: 461
Reaction score
i cant agree, that Apple didnt promote the camera. Actually he said some big words about it, but did not ever mention that it does not take aceptavle stills, that are under 1 MP ! It’s HD, so whatever you shoot is a mini-masterpiece....create your own mini-masterpiece right on iPad....Shoot all day and into the night. Bring on the candles and little white lights. Go find fireplaces, sunsets, or a sky full of stars. You can get the full effect on iPad without a big flash. The advanced backside illumination sensor lets you capture great moments even in low light...

in technical specs they say. Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom. They never mention, that the ca is crap, but if you read everywhere avout HD cam, you are more thsn sure, that it also takes good photos ! All the others do...

I missed that one. Thank you for correcting me.

Support Our Troops!!!
Sent from this Galaxy

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand why Apple chose to go with the pee poor camera myself. And no SD expansion slot?? Asus didn't seem to have a problem with it.

ASUS EeePad Transformer TF101 ~$499.00
Processor NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core (1GHz, 1MB Cache)
Screen 10.1" (ASUS LED Backlit Screen, 1280x800 Resolution, 10-finger Multi-Touch Capable, Gorilla Glass)
Operating System Android 3.0 Honeycomb
Memory 1GB (DDR2)
Storage 16GB eMMC
:confused:Expansion Micro SD Card Reader (SDHC, Supports up to 32GB Expansion):mad:
:confused:Integrated Webcam Integrated Front + Back (1.2MP (Front) + 5MP Auto-Focus (Back)):mad:
Wireless LAN Wireless (802.11b/g/n WiFi)
Bluetooth Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
GPS Built In GPS
Audio 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone/Microphone In Jack)
Speakers Integrated Stereo Speaker
Other Integrated Sensors (G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, E-compass)
HDMI 1x Mini HDMI Port
Weight 680g
Battery Life 8-9 Hours (Up to 8 Hours Battery)
Warranty 1 Year ASUS Warranty

Reaction score
Lets not go there. This is not the proper place for a urinating contest. Let's stick to ipad 2 camera limitations and/or pluses.

Support Our Troops!!!
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mikek777 said:

Those look better than anything I've taken on my iPad. Are you sure you didn't use your iPhone camera? ;)

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you're trying to sell something, you wanna make it sound good. Apple is a business..its what they do

Reaction score
Mikek777 said:

Those look better than anything I've taken on my iPad. Are you sure you didn't use your iPhone camera? ;)

Check out the "photos taken on the ipad" thread. Some ain't half bad
One OF THE best photos I've ever taken was on a 1.3mp phone camera. The lighting was perfect for a shot of Dark Hollow falls on the Sky Line Drive. Granted I'd never try to sell it for 8x10s but it has made some very nice 4x6 and 5x7 prints for family and friends. Too bad I lost the original in a computer crash in 09 or I'd post it.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I do like my iPad. I just didn't realize that some of these limitations existed before I purchased it.

Reaction score
I agree totally, have switched to a Galaxy 10.1 but this forum is an ipad forum and not really a good place to get into deep differences between os systems and devices. That and Flash threads never end well here.
This is a thread about the ipad camera sucks. Join in the fun ;) but lets keep it from trying to become a vs thread and keep it civil.
There was a vs thread that stayed open for a couple of weeks before it finally met its inevitable demise.

Support Our Troops!!!
Sent from this Galaxy

Most reactions