What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Bluetooth Headphone Problems

blinkieme1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still problematic

Hi there,

I just wanted to say even after the iOS 5 update on my iPad 2 I still am having similar problems as the other people who have posted.

I also have the Nokia BH-905i headphones.
After the update it seems to be less often, yet still occasionally happens.

Thanks for any input y'all can give!

OP
T

The Spackman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've not used my bluetooth headphones extensively since iOS5 update but I did once and got no unexpected pauses whatsoever so, as you said, it's certainly better.

Will try to use more and get some conclusions made.

Cheers.

Coder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth goes silent with new iOS5 and Nokia

Bluetooth playback mysteriously cuts out with brand new iPad2 and Nokia BH-905i headphones. Sometimes it happens very frequently, sometimes not at all. Searching for a cause...

Could other Bluetooth active devices be a problem? Pairing never stops, the sound just dies....

Jyoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with LG HSB700 headphone. The iPad2 app shuts down and does not start up the playback unless I manually restart. Seems to be fixed after re-pairing. I selected from Settings "forget pairing" and then repaired. It works for about 10 hours so far listening to podcasts using iPod app. Also set autolock to "never." It must be an iPad2 bluetooth stack issue. Apple can eventually fix it, but my experience with other products that had bluetooth stack problems is that it takes years to be fixed my manufacturers. Love the LG around-the-neck bluetooth headphone by the way. Works well with iPhones for call & listening. ----
The headphone works perfectly with a laptop, but I get a lesser problem with a 5 year old Android phone where it's still using the original bluetooth stack. Music will pause every few seconds and then start up again by itself. The pause is brief, so I got used to it.

Gabicho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi community,
Having the same issues described by all of you with a Phillips SHB9000 that worked like a charm with my ipad1 (now sold) and still works fine with my iPhone 4. iOS 5.01 for both I devices.
Tried all the operations (reset, unpairing, re-pairing, reboot) with all the 3 devices (iphone4, ipad2 and headset). The combination iphone4/headset still works fine, but not Ipad2/headset.
I have 2 headsets (the same). Both have the problem with ipad2, but not with iphone4.
Which is most strange, in addition to sound interruptions, is that headsets reboot all the time, once the get connected with ipad2. Looks like, either a bug from Apple with A5 based devices, either a hardware problem with my ipad2 (2 weeks old). But, ipad2 will remain connected with iphone4 with no problem, allowing file transfers.
Will appreciate if some one could help

moose1882

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue diiferent Bluetooth devices

Haven't seen a solution so thought I'd add my two cents.
This happens when iPad2 connected to Jabber Sport Headphones and to my car audio systems.
I've noticed that is the volume of my headphones (as opposed to iPad vol settings) are at max the issue is more frequent.

Could the receivers (headphones or car audio) being 'overwhelmed' by audio level and cutting out?

Most reactions

Latest posts