What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 and iPhone will not detect HP 7510 printer.

zarahlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. We bought the HP Photosmart 7510 printer specifically so that I can print from my iPad2 and iPhone 4s. It was definitely working a few days ago and now the iPad2 and iPhone 4s will no longer detect the printer. It's printing fine from my MacBook Pro laptop, so I'm not sure what to do. I rebooted and checked that all my iOS devices were all connected to our wireless. No go. I hope someone can help me.

OP
Z

zarahlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: I turned off our wifi on my iPhone and then the iPad detected the printer. So it seems I cannot have both the iPhone and iPad hooked up to our home wifi at the same time in order for the AirPrint feature to work on my iPad. That seems odd to me.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This makes no sense. We have two dozen devices on in the office, all able to print to AirPrint capable printers at any time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless the iPad and iPhone have somehow acquired the same ID in Bonjour? I don't know if that is even possible.

I'd suggest power cycling the router, then do the same for the printer, and see if that helps.

It would probably be a good idea to Reset Network Settings on the iDevices while the router is down. You'll have to sign onto your network again when it comes back up. You'll find that option under Settings > General > Reset.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might need to turn off 3G to nudge your iPhone/iPad. Make sure wifi is on on your phone, of course.

I notice that if I don't print for awhile, I have to do that. I rarely print, but my husband and I have three iPads, two iPhones and a touch on an HP AirPrint printer and they all recognize the printer. They even know if the ink is low and I get a popup message on whichever iDevice I might be using.

Most reactions

Latest posts