What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 and Internet enabled TV/Home Cinema

marcr2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Samsung UE40B7020 TV and a Panasonic SC-BT200Home Cinema set up. Both devices are connected to my network via my Virgin Media router.

Have anyone managed to link up their Ipads to Internet enabled TV's or Home Cinema setups?

Ideally, I would like to be able to play my ipad music through the home cinema speakers and display my ipad photos on the TV. Do you think this can be done without Apple TV?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

hjsimpson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Samsung UE40B7020 TV and a Panasonic SC-BT200Home Cinema set up. Both devices are connected to my network via my Virgin Media router.

Have anyone managed to link up their Ipads to Internet enabled TV's or Home Cinema setups?

Ideally, I would like to be able to play my ipad music through the home cinema speakers and display my ipad photos on the TV. Do you think this can be done without Apple TV?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

For the amount of time, effort and money the $99 cost for the appleTV it may be the easier route. Having the ATV2 connected to a reciever with HDMI switching is perfect for my application.

My only issue with ATV2 is the inability to see "My Videos" in the youtube app without having to favorite them all.

best of luck with your solution!

OP
M

marcr2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment. I might end up getting an Apple TV! It's going to be easier by the sound of it:)

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Marc

For the amount of time, effort and money the $99 cost for the appleTV it may be the easier route. Having the ATV2 connected to a reciever with HDMI switching is perfect for my application.

My only issue with ATV2 is the inability to see "My Videos" in the youtube app without having to favorite them all.

best of luck with your solution!

Most reactions