What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 3g (4.3.5)

dasmot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, then I would not have to think about giving the device back or selling it.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I will try to be patient and await iOS 5 and the following jailbreak :)

dasmot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW: Can somebody explain the reason why downgrading/jailbreaking an iPad 2 3G isn't possible at 4.3.5?

And why is it possible with iOS 5 when this is out?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: Can somebody explain the reason why downgrading/jailbreaking an iPad 2 3G isn't possible at 4.3.5?

And why is it possible with iOS 5 when this is out?

There are a lot of reasons, most of which are explained in our stickies in this Hacking section. Start here for an explanation of jailbreaking: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

The main answer is that it's all about the software and it's vulnerabilities (and those who want to try to exploit them).

And, the reason why it'll be possible with iOS 5 is two-fold: (1) it's a new iOS which will have more new code to pore over to see if it can be exploited and (2) more people are going to look at iOS 5 now than at older versions of iOS 4.x. It's the nature of the beast - use/look at the new stuff, not the old.

Marilyn

OP
Sora

Sora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's a typo and you mean your credit card number is invalid. Are you trying to open an iTunes account in a different country from that in which the credit card is registered?

Tim

I tried to register again, credit card number and security code both were correct.
I was gonna scream super loud like a crazy girl until another problem appeared! :|
It said that my payment method was declined, please enter another payment method.
Any ideas?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to register again, credit card number and security code both were correct.
I was gonna scream super loud like a crazy girl until another problem appeared! :|
It said that my payment method was declined, please enter another payment method.
Any ideas?
That's sounding more and more like a credit card issue. Many credit card companies have very tight security for online transactions. I ran into this once with Discover and a few years back with Bank of America. Each time I called the credit card company and explained the situation. They were able to look up the transactions/denials in question, confirm that I was who I was saying I was and they took care of it...allowing me to use my credit card online as needed after that. That's what I would recommend. If it was in fact denied they can tell you exactly why. The few bad apples (pun intended) are always messing up our lives, but better safe than sorry I suppose.

Hope that helps and let us know how things go.

OP
Sora

Sora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's sounding more and more like a credit card issue. Many credit card companies have very tight security for online transactions. I ran into this once with Discover and a few years back with Bank of America. Each time I called the credit card company and explained the situation. They were able to look up the transactions/denials in question, confirm that I was who I was saying I was and they took care of it...allowing me to use my credit card online as needed after that. That's what I would recommend. If it was in fact denied they can tell you exactly why. The few bad apples (pun intended) are always messing up our lives, but better safe than sorry I suppose.

Hope that helps and let us know how things go.

uhmm you might be right but i used my dad's credit card few months ago and haven't face in troubles.
anyways thanks for your suggestion! : )
i tried to contact itunes and luckily they answered me really fast, it appears that it's a common problem, thank god it is or else i would be killed by dad! =P
they gave me a bit long steps to follow and first of them was signing into itunes using my ID, it sounded the easiest step at first but then another problem came out lol it keeps saying that whether my account or password is incorrect. although i reset my pw but nothing changed! i sent them another email hoping for a better answer. *waiting*
i'm super out of luck this weekend! ._."

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uhmm you might be right but i used my dad's credit card few months ago and haven't face in troubles.
anyways thanks for your suggestion! : )
i tried to contact itunes and luckily they answered me really fast, it appears that it's a common problem, thank god it is or else i would be killed by dad! =P
they gave me a bit long steps to follow and first of them was signing into itunes using my ID, it sounded the easiest step at first but then another problem came out lol it keeps saying that whether my account or password is incorrect. although i reset my pw but nothing changed! i sent them another email hoping for a better answer. *waiting*
i'm super out of luck this weekend! ._."
Bummer. Well...I'm certain it will all work out. Hang in there and keep us posted!

OP
Sora

Sora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bummer. Well...I'm certain it will all work out. Hang in there and keep us posted!

nyahahaha my luck is back again! XD
they suggested me a very good idea and it was creating a new account
without a credit card following this link

Creating an iTunes App Store account without a credit card
it worked for me and i started to download few apps
i probably can hold on for a bit while in this way until the jailbreak releases.

thanks for your replies everyone! : )

Most reactions

Latest posts