What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 32 GB WIFI battery

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ella all. I have had my beloved iPad2 wifi 32GB since last August and it has always had a good battery life and I ran the full cycles of battery the first few times. (fully charge, fully deplete, repeat)

I always manually close any unused apps, keep Bluetooth off and typically use my iPad for forum browsing and Internet browsing.

In the past week or so my battery life has gone to crap. I am losing 1% of battery life every couple of minutes. I have auto lock set to two minutes and have only a few apps set for the notifications bar.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daniel,

Really sounds like something amiss to me. I have had my iPad 2 since July last, and not more than a week and a half ago, I offered to check my battery drain on both the iPad and the iPhone, by leaving them unplugged overnight. The phone had 100% still indicated the next morning, and the iPad was at 98%. I have mail set to check every 15 minutes, and I don't remember turning off location services, which shouldn't have been activated overnight anyway. I did turn off WiFi on both units (I use it all the time on both, as I tether one to the other for my only Internet access.) I do know that leaving WiFi turned on on the phone drains its battery pretty quickly whether I'm tethering or not.

Hope that info helps.

Last edited:
OP
danielgfreeman

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I let the battery drain to depleted this morning and then charged it completely with the iPad turned OFF. I have been using it as usual for about the last 1.5 hrs and battery is still showing 100% remaining.

I used to drain it and fully recharge about once a month, but I feel I might have let that slip the past couple of months. For now, it seems, it I back to normal, time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple suggests running down your battery once a month to ensure that the battery indicator stays accurate. Maybe that's a possible fix for your problem.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Apple suggests running down your battery once a month to ensure that the battery indicator stays accurate. Maybe that's a possible fix for your problem.

Yep, I also suggest when you do charge it that you make sure to fully charge it before using it again. The types of batteries used in iPads like to be fully charged before being pressed into action.

Most reactions