What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 Stuck at Apple Logo, NOT HACKED, Volume Up not working

Gavichap001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm New to the forum but maybe a more regular visiter if I manage to resolve this iPad issue I am having.

So as the title explains. I have an iPad 1st Gen in for repair at my UK shop. The iPad gets stuck on the Apple logo during boot up. I tried to reset with "Lock & Home" which does restart the iPad but gets stuck again. I then tried "Lock & Home" and on restart "Volume Up" also with no joy. This iPad is standard it has not been JailBroken.

Also another thing I've noticed clearly the iPad resets and tries to load then must be at the point the software has corrupted it stops and and you see a a few lines of pixels change colour on the display as it crashes. I initially thought this was an LCD problem but they do not appear until 15-20 seconds into the boot up procedure.

CAN ANYONE HELP???

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm New to the forum but maybe a more regular visiter if I manage to resolve this iPad issue I am having.

So as the title explains. I have an iPad 1st Gen in for repair at my UK shop. The iPad gets stuck on the Apple logo during boot up. I tried to reset with "Lock & Home" which does restart the iPad but gets stuck again. I then tried "Lock & Home" and on restart "Volume Up" also with no joy. This iPad is standard it has not been JailBroken.

Also another thing I've noticed clearly the iPad resets and tries to load then must be at the point the software has corrupted it stops and and you see a a few lines of pixels change colour on the display as it crashes. I initially thought this was an LCD problem but they do not appear until 15-20 seconds into the boot up procedure.

CAN ANYONE HELP???

Hi there! Welcome to iPF!

Try to place your iPad into recovery mode: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808
Then restore it, using iTunes: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Most reactions

Latest posts