What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 owners, will you be getting the iPad 2?

Will you be upgrading?

• Totally, gotta have the new thing!

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • No thanks, I'll be getting my money's worth out of the original.

Votes: 87 66.9%

• Total voters

Roxas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadbeans.com
Even if the change is as small as the addition of cameras and Facetime?

Just seems like a bit of a pricey hop up for not too much change in a similar way as the jump from the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4.

Personally, I'll be sticking with my mark 1, keeping it old school. Possibly changing my mind when the iPad 3(D?) comes out. :3

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it gives me a reason to upgrade say 128Gig of storage other than that I will pass

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No.keeping this 1,just hope when they release the ipad2 and a new update comes along it does not cock up my pad,just like the iPhone 4 update did to the other iPhones .

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every other update I think :) should mean I get a new iPhone one year and a new iPad the next! :D

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Ipad1. When the 2 comes out if it is the same prices I will consider getting the 2 and handing down the 1 to my wife. Next year when the 3 comes out my wife gets the 2 and one of the kids gets the 1.... etc

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbern1008 said:
I have the Ipad1. When the 2 comes out if it is the same prices I will consider getting the 2 and handing down the 1 to my wife. Next year when the 3 comes out my wife gets the 2 and one of the kids gets the 1.... etc

Now that is a male genius mind at work

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am still enthralled by all the things I use the the first iPad for.

Even though I do not at this time plan on immediately upgrading I hope it is so much better that I risk the rath of spouse to get it.

macdaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbern1008 said:

Nice upgrade path.

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 16GB iPad back in September or October. I went with the cheapest iPad so I wouldn't regret too much upgrading again in less than a year.

Whether I go with an iPad 2 or Android Honeycomb depends on the price. So far the Android tablets are looking really expensive. If Apple releases the iPad 2 at the same price points as the iPad original, then it looks like I'll probably be getting the iPad 2.

Definitely will get something with more space this time.

beatlejohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have to wait and see what there is to offer with the new ipad. ive only had my 64g wifi since october last year and i love it!

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sjwred said:
Now that is a male genius mind at work

Ditto, she has wanted one too and we decided to wait for the 2

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gonna have to be some HUGE changes to make me buy a new one...since the current one runs beautifully and does everything.

The only way i would change at this point is if it has OSX instead of iOS on it!

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of the Vaja case I can barely hold on to the current Ipad. I'm afraid of bending the Ipad 2 actually. No thanks, I'll stick with the old model for now. Still feel like I'm barely scratching the surface anyways.

Most reactions