What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 and HDMI Adapter

veggiop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.fivefingers.me
Will the new Apple Digital AV Adapter (HDMI thingy) mirror the iPad 1 like it will on the iPad 2 when the iPad 1 is running iOS 4.3?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, mirroring only works with the iPad 2 according to the apple website.

I couldn't find anything on the Apple site that actually says that it won't work on the original iPad.

I have seen information that it only provides 720P (not 1080P) on the iPad 1. There is even talk that it will work (@720P) on the iPhone and iPod touch.

New information. I stand corrected, see http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC953ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MjEzNTM2MDM

The question now is what is the difference between "video mirroring" and "video out". In the PC world (and probably in the Mac world) video out means what it says.

Last edited:

Ridgeline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will mirror via the hdmi adapter if jail broken as you can get display out a program from Cydia which allows mirroring with any of the display adapters it was recently updated to optimize for the hdmi adapter.

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will mirror via the hdmi adapter if jail broken as you can get display out a program from Cydia which allows mirroring with any of the display adapters it was recently updated to optimize for the hdmi adapter.

X2 works great

Most reactions