What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uses for HDMI AV Adapter

dannyb88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey peeps!
As you may have read from my previous post I have recently bought a HDMI AV Adapter for my iPad 2 & I'm really enjoying using it on my tv.
I was just wondering what u guys all use it for most?
Ive used it for youtube the most so far.
Are there any specific apps/webpages that work well with it that u recommend or anything in general?!
Thanks!

Danny

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
First off, we don't watch DVDs anymore. I digitised my collection months ago, so whenever we want to watch a movie we just plug in the iPad to the hdmi tv.

Tv mirroring with the ipad2 in our house is always used for tv catchup like the BBC Iplayer and ITV's player services. Awesome.

My nephews love to play games via the iPad and tv combo.

For me and my wife, who isn't technical in the slightest (her that is), we love to browse the web and share the Internet together, especially Internet shopping and news channel catching up. A great way to share time together.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far we mostly watch videos we record of our Yellow Lab doing goofy stuff. And we like to scan through all our pics we've imported. I'm sure we'll use it for other stuff later.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought it because i can....

although i have an apple TV.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife uses hers to show video clips to support her Sunday school lessons. She found an excellent pc program (Replay Media Cacher 4) that she uses to capture the videos (even flash) then it converts them for the iPad. It works amazingly well. I've posted the link for the program below.
http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found when you hold one end and wiggle it about, it drives our cat wild. :)
No, for me, I use it to run a Poker Timer for home games on the big screen.

Davidra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some things it WON'T work with....including HBO Go and Hulu +, and I think Netflix as well. That is a major shortcoming in my opinion, but that's a copyright issue, I think. it works pretty well for streaming other web-based videos (like Youtube).

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Davidra said:
There are some things it WON'T work with....including HBO Go and Hulu +, and I think Netflix as well. That is a major shortcoming in my opinion, but that's a copyright issue, I think. it works pretty well for streaming other web-based videos (like Youtube).

Netflix works. I connect mine thru my Onkyo 609 receiver and it works great.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix. I also hook it up to my computer monitor to view notes and finish word processing assignments when attached to bluetooth keyboard. Almost makes it like another computer on top of my 2 pcs, 2 laptops and soon to have iMac.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts