What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS6 Release Date has nearly arrived

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As per normal I will say that I'll hold on before updating.......but when the day comes I'll probably be right at the front of the queue when it comes to upgrading!

The Archangel

Me too, somebody will have to hold me down because I know I will want to update right away like the rest!

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to join the "going to wait club" myself.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So if I install ios6 will I loose the google map feature I already have ?

As others have said , I will hold off on the install until the dust settles .

I think so. I use Google map all the time when I'm copiloting the car LOL--I figure our route, follow along and know exactly when to turn--even though I have 2 GPS apps but prefer generally to use Google maps--and with the several route options it works nicely. I'm a 'map' person LOL. I'm holding off until I see how Apple maps pans out. I also read though that Google was preparing a Google map app for the app store. Don't know if that will come true but I'd love to have both.

GoatR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will wait for the dust to settle as I did with all of the droid updates on my phone. I read the keynote and it just looks like a half update with only a few changes so won't be too hasty getting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Troopers,
So Sept 19 2012 will be the actual final iOS6 release date, iPhone 5 gets released on the 21 of September 2012.

I'm so happy that We will have these 200 updates before my birthday early October, what a nice present from Apple. Thanks!!

Well, with all good things often come negative ones. I've been using the new YouTube app for a day or so now and I have to complain already.
You can only view video's in full screen landscape mode, but using YouTube otherwise, it converts itself to portrait mode.
I find this very unfriendly, being that I have my iPad is in a semi-permanent case where it sits in the landscape mode.
Perhaps with a future update this can be corrected.

What I do really like about the YouTube app very much, the new voice activated search function built right in, works awesome.
Just tap the mic icon and speak, it doesn't require a second tap to activate the search, it just happens. Very intuitive. Magical!!

I love thee iPhone 5 graphic they use here for iOS6. (Gold Master build)
http://gizmodo.com/ios6/

For those who exclaim they are going to wait a bit before upgrading to iOS6, hahaha!!
I'll be waking up hourly, checking to see if the update is available for me yet??

I can't get it downloading quick enough... I might have to get my internet provider to increase my internet speed for the day!!

So it's finally almost here. Like waiting for a new born baby,,,. I have a feeling, for some, going to be a very-long-week.
Countdown-6 days to go...
http://www.macworld.com/article/1168512/ios_6_arrives_on_sep_19.html

Chas

Last edited:
OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
OMG I can't wait! Can't wait to try out Siri on my iPad 3!!!

Hi goofy,
You and me new iPad 3 both...

hahaha, and a few million others...

Chas

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And maybe we should discuss how to get ready to upgrade to 6. As I recall, a number of people weren't backed up like they thought and had a big job after upgrading to 5 to get everything back together.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And maybe we should discuss how to get ready to upgrade to 6. As I recall, a number of people weren't backed up like they thought and had a big job after upgrading to 5 to get everything back together.
When I purchased my iPad, iOS 5 had already been released, so I didn't have to worry about updating. Now that iOS 6 is coming, I am wondering about the upgrade process and how to get my iPad ready for it.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
When I purchased my iPad, iOS 5 had already been released, so I didn't have to worry about updating. Now that iOS 6 is coming, I am wondering about the upgrade process and how to get my iPad ready for it.

I believe it will be as simple as an OTA update, so I would recommend a back-up to iTunes or iCloud before installing.

Most reactions

Latest posts