What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios5

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
If you are a developer then you need to test your apps on iOS5 , if you're not, whatvare you doing wiyh iOS 5 in the first place?
While it is very stable for a beta, it is still a beta and as such should only be used for testing.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are a developer then you need to test your apps on iOS5 , if you're not, whatvare you doing wiyh iOS 5 in the first place?
While it is very stable for a beta, it is still a beta and as such should only be used for testing.

I tried several betas when 4.3.x came out. So one could say I tested if I like the version ;-)
Why not???

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Word of warning you may have been lucky but to use beta software you can loose important data if something goes wrong. Trust me I know You must and I mean must be prepared for problems with Apps and make sure no critical data is on your iPad. Last year we had many users whom did not listen and installed beta on main iPads and phones and many ended up in trouble. We are not baby sitters that may seem harsh but that is our rule if you install beta software with out being a developer and or linked to a developer you are on your own. We have a rule in place that no one can provide links to sites that both charge for beta registration and or offer downloads. If you are new to the forum we suggest you wait for the release which is estimated I suspect late August when the iPhone 5 is announced.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris, I totally agree with you. Sorry I didn't mention the caveeats.
In my case, the iPad is one of my toys which I like to tinker with.
I also presumed that everyone tinkering with their hardware would read up the internet or forums before doing something like using beta software or JB.

Sorry, my ooops.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it aint broke, don't fix it. If it aint completely fixed, don't use it.

pcastricum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree completely with col.bris and will wait (albeit patiently) until the official version of iOS5 is released. I was faced with the same type of situation a few years ago with my Blackberry. Even then, I refused to install hybrid versions as I had been advised by my provider that installing non-supported OSs would invalidate my warranty.

Pierre

Most reactions

Latest posts