What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios5 Icloud account security !

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In ios5 Icloud, my icloud account information includes my password in all the family's ipad, ipod and iphone.
This means that if my son decides to use Storage on icloud without telling me, he could saturate the free 5gb in no time.
How can I disable the automatic password and force him to ask me whenever he want to use icloud ?
Thanks for your cooperation.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As far as I know, there's no way to do that. The alternative is to set up a separate AppleID for your son, giving his device its own free 5GB. His device can use the family ID, while his iCloud account will use his own.

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know, there's no way to do that. The alternative is to set up a separate AppleID for your son, giving his device its own free 5GB. His device can use the family ID, while his iCloud account will use his own.
-------------------------------

Are you certain the two ID's ........ Apple ID and family ID are separate ?
Thanks for your suggestion.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you certain the two ID's ........ Apple ID and family ID are separate ?
Thanks for your suggestion.

I don't know your set-up, but I'm currently running separate IDs on mine. The iPad stays logged into my AppleID, while I use a different ID for iCloud on the same device.

Most reactions

Latest posts