What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete icloud account

SpaceGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! I'm having trouble deleting my icloud account from my ipad. I've never used it to my knowledge after I initially set it up, but ever since the update to iOS7, my ipad's been asking me to log in to icloud. However, the email address I used for iTunes and, apparently, the iCloud, is an address I haven't used in over a year and don't have access to. I don't remember the old password I used either. Now, when I attempt to delete the account, it asks me for the password used for that old address--which I don't have.. So I'm stuck. Anyone have any ideas?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Help! I'm having trouble deleting my icloud account from my ipad. I've never used it to my knowledge after I initially set it up, but ever since the update to iOS7, my ipad's been asking me to log in to icloud. However, the email address I used for iTunes and, apparently, the iCloud, is an address I haven't used in over a year and don't have access to. I don't remember the old password I used either. Now, when I attempt to delete the account, it asks me for the password used for that old address--which I don't have.. So I'm stuck. Anyone have any ideas?
Hi, SpaceGuy! Welcome to iPF!

With your email address not accessible, there's no way to reset the iCloud password. Without password, you can't delete the account and remove your device from Find my iPad (neither on your iPad, nor your computer/browser). Sorry!
The best solution would be to take it to the next Apple Store. You should get the help you need there.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just posting to say: I deleted your other thread you started on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts