What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios problems

bennyh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just tried to update ios5 on my iphone4 and got the error message

"the iPhone bens iphone4 could not be restored. An unknown error occurred 3220

Anyone got any thoughts

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
bennyh

bennyh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on my third attempt on iPhone. Not tried iPad yet

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure that the version of itunes is 10.5. If your itunes is not current you will not be able to download IOS 5. Click on Help and then About itunes...it will tell you the version.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have not tried updating my iPad yet but having this problem with iPod touch...same message when it tries to back up. I don't even see error message 3200 listed in troubleshooting. I have the latest iTunes.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone struggles getting iTunes to complete the download, consider downloading the file directly to your desktop from our thread here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Then, once it is downloaded, shift-click (windows) or option-click (OSX) the restore button in iTunes and it will let you select the file you just downloaded.

iTunes can time-out, particularly when the whole world is trying to install IOS5 at once!

andyc83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone struggles getting iTunes to complete the download, consider downloading the file directly to your desktop from our thread here - link Then, once it is downloaded, shift-click (windows) or option-click (OSX) the restore button in iTunes and it will let you select the file you just downloaded. iTunes can time-out, particularly when the whole world is trying to install IOS5 at once!

If I do it this way will it delete anything off my iPad other then obviously replacing the iOs?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
andyc83 said:
If I do it this way will it delete anything off my iPad other then obviously replacing the iOs?

It is no different to the standard process.

Aldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the love of god does anyone read any of the other posts. Just unplug your device and replug it back inh and it will work. This is the last time I will post this

Most reactions

Latest posts