What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios problems

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anyone struggles getting iTunes to complete the download, consider downloading the file directly to your desktop from our thread here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Then, once it is downloaded, shift-click (windows) or option-click (OSX) the restore button in iTunes and it will let you select the file you just downloaded.

iTunes can time-out, particularly when the whole world is trying to install IOS5 at once!

Thank you! IOS 5 has finally installed and the iPad is syncing right now.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope just keep getting error. I called Apple and they said it is because so many people are trying to download it at once -- this is for error 3200. He said just give it some time and keep trying. Has anyone actually gotten it yet???

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the love of god does anyone read any of the other posts. Just unplug your device and replug it back inh and it will work. This is the last time I will post this

Aldo,
I am sure that I speak for many--we have tried to unplug and plug,to no avail-as for many of the other suggestions already posted. Sorry, but I wish it were as easy as what you say it is.

andyc83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aldo,
I am sure that I speak for many--we have tried to unplug and plug,to no avail-as for many of the other suggestions already posted. Sorry, but I wish it were as easy as what you say it is.

I agree, I have tried this 3x to unplug and plug back in with no luck. Sorry it seems as if your having a bad day Aldo with your comment. I think it's just a server overload and a luck of the draw if it works or not!

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
For the love of god does anyone read any of the other posts. Just unplug your device and replug it back inh and it will work. This is the last time I will post this

WTH! that's the first thing most people would try! it's not working

Aldo,

Thank you!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's remember to keep it civil please guys. Remember our rules!

We are all allowed to get frustrated, but don't take it out on each other please! :D

Puddlejumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to do the update on iPad 2 but getting error 1303 from iTunes 10.5 any ideas?????

Webalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.webalistic.com
Hi,

I've tried updating my ipad and after a lengthy backup it would expand software, verify with apple, etc and reboot the ipad into flashing mode (with the progress bar)...

...and there the fun ended. My computer couldn't recognise the device (unknown usb) so the ipad gives up after a while and is now stuck in restore mode.
iTunes gave me a 1611 error.
Any tips on how to get my ipad working again with either IOS 5 or 4.x? Just hitting restore in iTunes keeps giving the same result.

Thanks

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aldo, just for your information, after a number of 3200 error messages I have tried just about everything from changing usb ports, restarting itunes, plugging and unplugging and plugging and unplugging, rebooting, restoring and re-updating....
Ok, do you have any other suggestions?

marc972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it happen to me to this morning I reset my computer and iPad 2 but just shutting it off and try again but I restored it first then update it worked but make sure you do a back up first

Most reactions