What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS CRASH! HELP!!!

OP
W

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the replacement today & it doesn't have the latest iOS, I think I'll let that way for a while. LOL

They sent my old SIM in a separate envelope so now I'm trying to figure out how to install it in this iPad. Any helpful links?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got the replacement today & it doesn't have the latest iOS, I think I'll let that way for a while. LOL

They sent my old SIM in a separate envelope so now I'm trying to figure out how to install it in this iPad. Any helpful links?
Turn the iPad face down so that the black plastic WiFi antenna cover is at the top. The SIM card tray is just below the upper right corner. Place a small paper clip into the hole beside it at a 45° angle and press until the tray pops out slightly. Remove the tray, insert the SIM card and replace the tray, pressing it in until it clicks into place.
image.jpg

OP
W

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more question...

My Verizon payment for 1GB is usually about the 12th of every month so when my original SIM that I had is installed into this replacement iPad, will it just continue my Verizon Account as if nothing happened & I'd still be charged around the 12th? Or does it reset my Account & start charging as soon as my SIM is put in this "new" iPad? Do I still have to contact Verizon to notify of "new" iPad with different Serial Number?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should contact your cellular carrier to let them know that you want to put the SIM card in the replacement iPad. They should be able to tell you if you'll still receive your bill on the same day. It's quite likely that it will as when I changed my SIM card to my new iPhone, the billing date stayed the same.

OP
W

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be great, thanks again for your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts