What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's a compatibility list by @iAdam1n, a well known member of the Jailbreak community.

Not sure how/if we can contribute to that list, but "Message Renamer 7" is also working on iOS8.1. And the latest version of iLEX R.A.T. is also iOS8 compatible.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys, now if I can just learn how too delete unneeded apps on this iPad mini things will be great! Yes I said iPad 4 before but meant mini! On 8.1

If you press and hold on the app you want to delete it will start to wiggle and an X will appear in the top left corner, tapping on the X will delete the app. In the case of Apple iOS provided apps no X appears you cannot delete those.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The latest version of Pangu has been released - version 1.2.1. Please see the first post for a link to download the tool.

If you've already jailbroken, you'll not need to jailbreak again. The updates will be done via Cydia. This new tool is for those who've not yet jailbroken their iPad.

Marilyn

guerilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evening all.

Hope someone can help me out?
Complete noob to the world of iPads so please bare with me,

Just bought an iPad air running iOS8 with the intention of jailbreakung and running XBMC. However after reading this thread and looking in several other places I'm still not sure if I should go ahead or wait a few days/weeks?? Until some of the bugs are worked out.

Plan for the foreseeable future is to inky run Cadia and XBMC.

So the question is, should I wait?

Thanks

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Evening all.

Hope someone can help me out?
Complete noob to the world of iPads so please bare with me,

Just bought an iPad air running iOS8 with the intention of jailbreakung and running XBMC. However after reading this thread and looking in several other places I'm still not sure if I should go ahead or wait a few days/weeks?? Until some of the bugs are worked out.

Plan for the foreseeable future is to inky run Cadia and XBMC.

So the question is, should I wait?

Thanks

It's actually ill-advised to wait in this situation. iOS 8.1.1 patches the jailbreaking exploits used by Pangu8, so if for some reason the jailbreak fails during the procedure and a restore is warranted, you'll be forced to upgrade to an unjailbreakable 8.1.1. As the utility has been revised to be more stable as well as Cydia and Cydia Substrate, it's recommended that you do it as soon as possible so that you won't get locked out when the 8.1.1 upgrade is pushed by Apple, which is within the coming weeks.

The only forseeable bug is the wifi issue, but once the update is pushed, it'll be reverse engineered most likely like Ryan Petrich or Linus Yang and pushed as an independent package through Cydia as a means of applying the same fixing of the wifi on iOS 8.1.1 without having to actually upgrade to 8.1.1.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, this just great news as with only just to know that in the very least
A jailbreak for iOS 8 . And here is the juice . I think we all knew ,
( Marilyn ,,,as well as many others with your dedication of) that the
Inevitable was to happen , but dang the speed in which it is moving is one of a surprise and an early Christmas gift. Hu hu ha . ,
So we wait , and if this is any indication of team Cydia , Saurik,
Of what it implies, then it very well may be a goal to complete by Jan 1,
Wouldn't that be hot ! And if not keep your eyes on the prize .

Wait... What?

guerilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok

Jail broken my iPad air using pangu Simple. Easy. And apart from a tiny keyboard bug. All good!

But! Can I get xbmc to install anything like anything I've previously seen? Can I hell!

Cydia installed fine, installed Gotham 13.2 but it looks nothing like tutorials I've seen and I can't seem to get mashup to install.

Any ideas???

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
Welcome, several things, I am personally not familiar with XBMC but according to their website the current version is 13.2.1 also from what I read most issues can be resolved with a reboot, if you haven't tried that you should. There is very little on Mashups site about issues but you might try perusing some of the threads over there. Third and most important this thread is about the status of the jailbreak, you would probably get more people who know about this tweak to help you if you started another thread about it rather then hoping someone will stumble across this hidden in here. Hope I provided a little help and good luck resolving your problem.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok

Jail broken my iPad air using pangu Simple. Easy. And apart from a tiny keyboard bug. All good!

But! Can I get xbmc to install anything like anything I've previously seen? Can I hell!

Cydia installed fine, installed Gotham 13.2 but it looks nothing like tutorials I've seen and I can't seem to get mashup to install.

Any ideas???

Best to post it on the XBMC forums. I don't use XBMC on my devices anymore, only on my AppleTV and computer.

guerilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers guys.

The jailbreak seems to work well without any real issues. Which is good news though.

Thanks for your help

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a Pangu tool for Mac released. I just used it on my iPad. It failed on the first attempt but worked on the second. Fast too I might add.

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just used the Mac tool to jailbreak my iPhone 5s. Like with my iPad it two attempts.

Most reactions

Latest posts