What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to close out the apps on iOS 7?? Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD
Double click the home button or do a four finger upswipe on the screen to reveal the multi tasking bar. Swipe to the left or right to bring the app you wish to close to the middle of the bar, then swipe up on the page directly above the app icon, not the icon itself. Your app will now be closed.

image-1010856603.jpg

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Double click the home button or do a four finger upswipe on the screen to reveal the multi tasking bar. Swipe to the left or right to bring the app you wish to close to the middle of the bar, then swipe up on the page directly above the app icon, not the icon itself. Your app will now be closed.

View attachment 48317

Thank you Sci!!

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can you guys think this is an good update? This has been on droid for over a year. they are falling behind. The 5c move should help but this os is no near close of being ahead. The colors look horrible anyway.... Looking like a droid more and more

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can you guys think this is an good update? This has been on droid for over a year. they are falling behind. The 5c move should help but this os is no near close of being ahead. The colors look horrible anyway.... Looking like a droid more and more

It's been on WebOS for over 4 years. But if something is good and works great why not copy it? I love the card view.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have upgrade both my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 and frankly I am delighted with the changes. The first thing I did was to down load the new manuals in iBooks for the iPhone and iPad so that I could at least review the features. Any one whom has glasses I recommending going with bold text in addition increase the font size for reading documents. The first option will make the device restart so be aware of that. Again once you install 7 do a reset on off button and home key. I went with a darker back ground which suited my needs. Yes out of 180 apps I have only s couple that are misbehaving however they will be fixed once the apps are upgraded

I strongly recommend downloading the manuals as even for experience uses they are most helpfull. This is essential for any user whom have issues with battery life or look and feel. I have no issues with battery life and performance is if any thing it appears faster. That's my 2 cents worth.

Colin

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have upgrade both my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 and frankly I am delighted with the changes. The first thing I did was to down load the new manuals in iBooks for the iPhone and iPad so that I could at least review the features. Any one whom has glasses I recommending going with bold text in addition increase the font size for reading documents. The first option will make the device restart so be aware of that. Again once you install 7 do a reset on off button and home key. I went with a darker back ground which suited my needs. Yes out of 180 apps I have only s couple that are misbehaving however they will be fixed once the apps are upgraded I strongly recommend downloading the manuals as even for experience uses they are most helpfull. This is essential for any user whom have issues with battery life or look and feel. I have no issues with battery life and performance is if any thing it appears faster. That's my 2 cents worth. Colin

To add to this great advice here are the links to the manuals....

On line version....

http://help.apple.com/ipad/7/

http://support.apple.com/manuals/

iBooks version (recommended)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-7/id709634245?mt=11

The Archangel

Imagepro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded the IOS 7 on my ipad mini. This is generally a welcome upgrade. However, there is a problem on some of my application. For My Photos, for example, I can access the keyboard to type my password to open the app, however, when the individual locked folders ask for the password, the keyboard fails to open! I tried using an external Bluetooth keyboard, and I can't still my type my passwords!

Problem solved! I just updated my applications to the latest version, so they are now optimized for iOS 7! :)

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still ok with the update but I notice that in some spots the print does not seem as clear, rather it's grayed, readable but not as clear and crisp as usual. I know I'm old and my eyesight is on a downward trajectory but an overnight change post iOS 7? Guess I'll adjust but I wish those young whippersnappers at apple would think of we old ladies when making their pretty pale new look.

Bobbi
@Ms.Bobbi/Bennetb
I set BOLD, INCREASED CONTRAST, LIMITED MOVEMENT, in settings plus increased letter size,( it's a sliding scale now vs. #'s).
When you set bold you're device will need to be restarted; just like after it wakes up. It's worth it and it applies to all you'll especially
like it in em's that's where it shines.
All these adjustments are available in settings and accessibility.
Let me know if they helped. Good Day.

apGryffudd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not getting the hassles some people seem to be getting, it's working fine for me (if a big step back in look and feel) with one small problem. I blocked a caller on my 4S - an annoying auto-sales message number - and the barstools still got through with another call, although IOS is reporting that it is blocked. Anybody else got this? Is there a fix?

Most reactions