What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 6 Internet probs

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My I-PAD keeps reporting that I have no internet connection no matter how many times I reboot
connects eventually but is it happening to anyone else and does anyone know if I can
re-install IOS 6 in case something has gone wrong ?

Donwcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution to iOS 6 no Internet

Go to Settings. Click on General and then click Reset at the bottom of the screen on the right. Click Reset Network Connections. You'll have to renter your network informations on after this, but this fixed the problem on my iPad 3 and iPod touch 4th generation.

wld8hrt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still having issues after reset

The problem still exists. Also links won't always work. You click on them, you can see a flash of blue in the address bar as if its going to load but nothing happens. Or it loads about half way and then doesn't go any further. I also sometimes get a server not responding error. It's has been a problem since the update on both my iPad 2 AND my iPhone 4S. Have we found any more information on is? It's an extremely annoying problem! Thanks!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of potential issues come to mind, but not being a technician, means nothing. 1. Is your wifi an older model? Could it be on its last legs? 2. Have you tried checking with a friend, preferably someone who had done the iOS6 upgrade, and check to see if you can use their wifi router? 3. You might Google the problem, or go to the Apple discussion website. We will be glad to give you any advice we can, but sometimes it just pays to try and pinpoint more information of what is happening. I have spent hours trying to figure out a problem with a device, only to find out that my phone service had gone down. It may be that simple, or you may have discovered a new bug that no one knew about. The solution is out there.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I had internet problems ( even tho it connected to my wireless network ) in the first half hour or so of ios 6 installation. Couldn't find any reason for it. But it quickly resolved itself automatically. Now, my internet wifi connection is noticeably faster than it ever was before.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
pkay1 said:
My I-PAD keeps reporting that I have no internet connection no matter how many times I reboot
connects eventually but is it happening to anyone else and does anyone know if I can
re-install IOS 6 in case something has gone wrong ?

A solution to your problem has been suggested by Donwcc which I think is right. After you have tried to see if that works would you be so kind as to post the results. It would be useful for people searching for a solution or seeking greater understanding to get feedback. Thanks.

Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts