What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore To iOS 5.1.1 From iOS 6

Osahon620

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello :D I Recently Upgraded My iPad 3 From iOS 5.1.1 To iOS 6. However, In The End, I Decided I Would Stick With iOS 5 Because I Can Jailbreak iOS 5. When I Tried To Restore Back To iOS 5, It Brought Up Error Code 3194... I've Read Threads About How To Fix This Error, Many of Which Included;

Installing Tiny Umbrella and Running The TSS Server (Resulted In Error 11)
Going To C://Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/hosts and Adding The Line 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com (Resulted In Error 3194)
Going To C://Windows/System32/Driver/etc/hosts and Removing All Lines That Include gs.apple.com (Resulted In Error 3194)

Sadly, None of These Worked... I Had Restored iOS 5.1.1 (To 5.1.1) Numerous Times Before The Release of iOS 6... It Is When iOS 6 Was Released That This Problem Began... I Was Wondering If Anyone Might Know What To Do or The Cause of This Problem... Thx :p I'm Running Windows 7 BTW

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Osahon620 said:
Hello :D I Recently Upgraded My iPad 3 From iOS 5.1.1 To iOS 6. However, In The End, I Decided I Would Stick With iOS 5 Because I Can Jailbreak iOS 5. When I Tried To Restore Back To iOS 5, It Brought Up Error Code 3194... I've Read Threads About How To Fix This Error, Many of Which Included;

Installing Tiny Umbrella and Running The TSS Server (Resulted In Error 11)
Going To C://Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/hosts and Adding The Line 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com (Resulted In Error 3194)
Going To C://Windows/System32/Driver/etc/hosts and Removing All Lines That Include gs.apple.com (Resulted In Error 3194)

Sadly, None of These Worked... I Had Restored iOS 5.1.1 (To 5.1.1) Numerous Times Before The Release of iOS 6... It Is When iOS 6 Was Released That This Problem Began... I Was Wondering If Anyone Might Know What To Do or The Cause of This Problem... Thx :p I'm Running Windows 7 BTW

The signing window for iOS 5.1.1 closed 48 hours after the release of iOS 6. If you want a jailbroken iPad you will have to wait for an iOS 6 jailbreak.

OP
O

Osahon620

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
The signing window for iOS 5.1.1 closed 48 hours after the release of iOS 6. If you want a jailbroken iPad you will have to wait for an iOS 6 jailbreak.

Oh ok thx

jetub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there no way to downgrade from ios 6 to ios 5.1.1

Thanks in advance for any comments.

jetub

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jetub said:
Is there no way to downgrade from ios 6 to ios 5.1.1

Thanks in advance for any comments.

jetub

Not with an iPad 3, there isn't; at the present time, anyway.

Last edited:

goodmedo2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i have a similar issue,
I just got my ipad 3 and its loaded Sadly with IOS 5.1 so if i tried to upgrade it will force me to IOS 6 (No Jailbreak in the mean time).
is there a jailbreak for the 5.1 on iPad 3, and if not can i upgrade to 5.1.1 without the SHSH Blobs?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
goodmedo2003 said:
well i have a similar issue,
I just got my ipad 3 and its loaded Sadly with IOS 5.1 so if i tried to upgrade it will force me to IOS 6 (No Jailbreak in the mean time).
is there a jailbreak for the 5.1 on iPad 3, and if not can i upgrade to 5.1.1 without the SHSH Blobs?

I'm sorry to say that there is no jailbreak for iOS 5.1. Without blobs, the only upgrade available to you is to iOS 6. Since iOS 5.1 never will be jailbroken, have you considered upgrading to iOS 6 and using the waiting time for the iOS 6 jailbreak to familiarize yourself with the latest iOS version?

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to jailbreak your device, maybe you should wait the final release of the ios 6 jailbreak,,

goodmedo2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks but one last question, can i use the 5.1.1 saved SHSH blobs from my old iPhone 4 to restore the iPad 3 to 5.1.1?
or these blobs are unique for the device not for the IOS?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
goodmedo2003 said:
thanks but one last question, can i use the 5.1.1 saved SHSH blobs from my old iPhone 4 to restore the iPad 3 to 5.1.1?
or these blobs are unique for the device not for the IOS?

Sorry, no. Blobs are device specific. Blobs from one device will not work on another device.

Most reactions

Latest posts