What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
The iPad is glorious perfection realized in the form of perfect hardware that lesser men can understand. They are manufactured by magic Elves in hollow trees from magic components and hand soldered by highly trained Genius Solderers in workshops located in Narnia. Workers and designers have been fully anointed by Steve Jobs and Justin Beiber, the true Saviors of technology.

iPad leads us to the light and now I know. It is impossible to make iPad better. Well, until the HumanCentiPad arrives. iPad has no equal in the known universe. It is flawless, perfect, and mortal man can't possibly find a way to make any improvements; when it is perfect, it needs nothing else.

Except for Flash, my golly, what was He thinking, anyway. Everyone here knows that Flash is required or you might as well curl up and die. I actually needed Flash in 1965, and it was not available, so I feel ya, man.

By the way . . . every time you turn on your iPad, an Angel gets his wings.

Seriously, I think you are referring to Auto Correct and it bugs me too. Like trying to get past Captcha and iPad wants to change Loungert to lasagna; flubbertome to frightened. Bugs this cowboy no end.

So . . . rather than fight it, try this:

Go to "Settings" and then select "General" then select "Keyboards." Turn OFF Auto-Correction and select "International Keyboards." Pick your language by selecting "Add New Keyboard." Or something like that.

Seems rather easy and it might solve your issues. Just do not say iPad is not perfection realized; mine glows in the presence of XOOM users to warn me, and it farts kittens, by the way.

And you get two white apple stickers, for free, too.

Bob Jobs

LOL!
Thanks for that Bob...had a good chuckle. Yes, you're right, it is indeed the auto-(in)correct function. I have to keep the function permenantly off since it is unsuable as it is designed. Unless there is a trick I'm missing of course...
Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people actually keep it on and find it is accurate?
Best,
Paul

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
The iPad is glorious perfection realized in the form of perfect hardware that lesser men can understand. They are manufactured by magic Elves in hollow trees from magic components and hand soldered by highly trained Genius Solderers in workshops located in Narnia. Workers and designers have been fully anointed by Steve Jobs and Justin Beiber, the true Saviors of technology.

iPad leads us to the light and now I know. It is impossible to make iPad better. Well, until the HumanCentiPad arrives. iPad has no equal in the known universe. It is flawless, perfect, and mortal man can't possibly find a way to make any improvements; when it is perfect, it needs nothing else.

Except for Flash, my golly, what was He thinking, anyway. Everyone here knows that Flash is required or you might as well curl up and die. I actually needed Flash in 1965, and it was not available, so I feel ya, man.

Seriously, I think you are referring to Auto Correct and it bugs me too. Like trying to get past Captcha and iPad wants to change Loungert to lasagna; flubbertome to frightened. Bugs this cowboy no end.

Go to "Settings" and then select "General" then select "Keyboards." Turn OFF Auto-Correction and select "International Keyboards." Pick your language by selecting "Add New Keyboard." Or something like that.

Seems rather easy and it might solve your issues. Just do not say iPad is not perfection realized; mine glows in the presence of XOOM users to warn me, and it farts kittens, by the way.

Bob Jobs

LOL!
Thanks for that Bob...had a good chuckle. Yes, you're right, it is indeed the auto-(in)correct function. I have to keep the function permenantly off since it is unsuable as it is designed. Unless there is a trick I'm missing of course...
Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people actually keep it on and find it is accurate?
Best,
Paul

Auto-correct works just fine if you know the Elves' workaround.....

A Member noticed that the iPad never autocorrects names that are in the Contacts list. So he suggested - and it works just fine - putting in spoof contacts for those words that you need - perhaps technical or business terms - that the iPad keeps autocorrecting. It works just fine...

Tim

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LOL!
Best,
Paul

Hey Paul, glad the issue is closed.

I always proofread. Well, not always, but I try. I always use auto-correct combined with a quick once over when I write forum posts and give email massages.

When I write a draft, I simply let my iPad handle the spell correction and then a careful proof after is all I need. Autocorrect works fine for me, but it will not correct correctly spelled but misused words like there and their.

And it sucks when one has to deal with web security measures like CAPTCHA.

Overall, thumbs up. Perhaps something can be found on Cydia that allows you to more easily deal with iPad's spell checking.

Bob

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:

I always proofread. Well, not always, but I try. I always use auto-correct combined with a quick once over when I write forum posts and give email massages.

When I write a draft, I simply let my iPad handle the spell correction and then a careful proof after is all I need. Autocorrect works fine for me, but it will not correct correctly spelled but misused words like there and their.

Overall, thumbs up. Perhaps something can be found on Cydia that allows you to more easily deal with iPad's spell checking.

Bob

Do you mean it works well with words and phrases like email massages. How does one get one of these.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:

Bob Jobs

LOL!
Best,
Paul

Auto-correct works just fine if you know the Elves' workaround.....

A Member noticed that the iPad never autocorrects names that are in the Contacts list. So he suggested - and it works just fine - putting in spoof contacts for those words that you need - perhaps technical or business terms - that the iPad keeps autocorrecting. It works just fine...

Tim

I have also noticed if the word keeps messing up , like words not in the dictionary trying to change, if I erase the last letter then put it back it doesn't do it but does a line under it. The best part is next time I type the same word it sort of saves the one with the line under it. What I mean by sort of is it saves it but puts the line under it each time. Beasts the snot out of the wrong word trying to insert if I don't tap the x.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:

Bob

Do you mean it works well with words and phrases like email massages. How does one get one of these.

I meant Massages. It is an app on iTunes that rents for $500.00 per hour.

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Set default for the settings

Every time you hit the settings tab it defaults to the General tab. I rarely use this tab. The tab I usually want is The wi-fi tab so I can switch it on or off. As it is when I want to do this simple task it task a total of 5 gestures! As an android phone user this is ridiculous (one tap on the widget control). Seriously apple, you don't know what's best for your users. At least give us some control over how annoying your OS is!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Malpeli said:
Set default for the settings

Every time you hit the settings tab it defaults to the General tab. I rarely use this tab. The tab I usually want is The wi-fi tab so I can switch it on or off. As it is when I want to do this simple task it task a total of 5 gestures! As an android phone user this is ridiculous (one tap on the widget control). Seriously apple, you don't know what's best for your users. At least give us some control over how annoying your OS is!

Jailbreak and install sbsettings. Instant control over things like that! :)

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now given myself control over what words I want when using my keyboard by switching off the infernal auto-correct. May the spelling Gods have mercy on my posts.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Malpeli said:
I have now given myself control over what words I want when using my keyboard by switching off the infernal auto-correct. May the spelling Gods have mercy on my posts.

If not we will pick up on them for you!!!!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Good on ya. Now go to the App Store and install Merriam-Webster's iPad dictionary. Free and quite nice.

Toonice4ul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Id like to see iPhone apps to become compatible too which a jailbreak provides with the iPad ( for example if u use an iPhone app it only let's u 2x it with the jailbreak app it runs as if its actually an iPad app.
I hope they update the email app, as well as iCal
And although it's hard to hope for but I would sure love flash

Most reactions

Latest posts