What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

Reaction score
I also would like the ability to have one click wifi on/off.

+1 also 1 click bluetooth and 3g, basically 1 click radios on off . I use bluetooth for my keyboard often and it's a pain to go into settings each time

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
+1 also 1 click bluetooth and 3g, basically 1 click radios on off . I use bluetooth for my keyboard often and it's a pain to go into settings each time

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

+2 from me

nezing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USB to USB port.Full HDMI connection.New Main-Screen design,with a "scrolling app-bar"at the bottom,and new wallpapers.Keep original,but call it "Classic",so you can choose.Sync with ipod Touch/Pod/Mini/Nano,using "new" device id/security system.Increase screen resolution.Up the RAM,to 1 gig.Release new 128 version.New version of Safari browser,with Flash-support (only joking Steve) :D

Neil.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nezing said:
USB to USB port.Full HDMI connection.New Main-Screen design,with a "scrolling app-bar"at the bottom,and new wallpapers.Keep original,but call it "Classic",so you can choose.Sync with ipod Touch/Pod/Mini/Nano,using "new" device id/security system.Increase screen resolution.Up the RAM,to 1 gig.Release new 128 version.New version of Safari browser,with Flash-support (only joking Steve) :D

Neil.

Yeaaaaaah!!!! + my suggestions.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They really need to make it so that your IPAD is what other devices can connect to. Allow your iPad to be the host device for your iphone/ipod. That would be amazing.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
functional improvements desired in iOS5

I was amazed at how the camera adapter kit works with .jpg files
I would like the same plug and play with office like files. If the files can be done wirelessly, it can also be done via and SD card.

The virtual keyboard is missing some valuable keys for rapid typing. i.e. tab and cursor right or left. If the app iAwriter can add an extra row for essential punctuation and curso movement... these should be done in OS so it is common to all apps.

There should be a very simple plug and play for sync and data xfer. While iTunes is the key sync and data transfer program it is not really intuitive, and there are some procedural stumbling steps. These could be improved.

This also suggests back up and storage (data security) perhaps a la Sugar Syce, or Drop Box, or MobileMe. I would like to see more intuitive interfacing in syncing data between various computers. The idea of a cloud like locker for backing up or syncing updates of critical data and apps is needed.

I would be interesting if the camera quality image could be improved with software ... like gaming image details can be improved with textures, etc.

Facetime should be expanded to non Apple computers.

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see Apple finally implement a decent shuffle option in the iPod application! Or at least one that makes an effort to be random.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has this been requested?
i want a way to lock apps. :)

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Things so far seem to be:

Widgets on lock screen

Cloud integration

Wireless syncing - free from iTunes

Better notifications: I hate them freezing the iPad or game when they pop up

Not a bad list. I was doubting widgets but it might be likely.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Create "groups" of photos in the Photo app by holding/wobble/drag just like you do with Apps. Like some sort of off the wall way of organising things.. maybe you could call them.. "Folders" or *gasp* "Albums"!

;)

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaveSt said:
I would like to see Apple finally implement a decent shuffle option in the iPod application! Or at least one that makes an effort to be random.

Exactly what I thought, it's not random but rather a complicated pattern.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it will die. As the Android Smartphone made the iPhone irrelevant; Android has a greater share of the market. When the dozens of Android tablets are released this year the iPad will soon be irrelevant too. Before .... I get the iPhone basher thing, the numbers are real and I will likely use my iPad for awhile. I use the iPad for reading eBooks using Kobo. If want to browse the full web I can use my Samsung Captivate.

Not sure there is proof of what you are saying other than growing market share Android currently enjoys. Apple's numbers suggest that the iPhone is anything but irrelevant and in my view, what drives sales of these kinds of devices is not technical superiority, but the appearance of such.

Apple will likely never be irrelevant; their history proves they are quite capable of amazing the world with cool products. We had the Walkman and Apple took control and made billions reinventing portable music players. I still have my Walkman and a few other players like my Sony Mini Disk.

Those that gather on these forums seem to think that what is cool for us is cool for the planet; like the ability to JB/Root our devices. OR they bemoan Apple or Google for this and that and it matters very little to the average Joe. Few compared to the whole give a rats butt about it. Price and the appearance of cool often drive sales.

Do not sell Apple short. They seem to hit home runs with every new iThingy they release. When the iPad arrived, it was singularly unique and it caught fire, as did the iPhone. Then Android arrived to compete and the little robot seems to be gaining market share. No proof that will last.

God only knows what is next for Apple. Perhaps they will introduce an iPad that is so revolutionary and amazing, nothing else will matter, not even Android.

I am not sure what percentage of the population that can afford a tablet PC owns either brand. Anybody really know some accurate figures? If Apple introduces a new iThingy that manages to persuade those that either do not like tablets or likes them but has not bought either brand yet, who knows where they will go.

I gave up guessing what the next six months will bring. Android might grow more and become the leader, or Apple pulls something amazing out of it's hat and continues to lead.

Bob

AHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having to use a computer to organize photos is really annoying and inconvenient, so a way to organize photos is important to me. Also, a download manager and a dictionary add-on for Safari.

Most reactions