What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iain1970 said:
I'd like to see a minimise and leave application/program buttons on screen. I'm getting very fed up with having to close them off fully with the home button double click game.

I thought it was my imagination. Glad I'm not alone on this.

Check out Multicleaner (if you are jailbroken) - it allows you to set up actions (like hold home button to close an app). I've gotten into the habit of using it to actually close apps that I don't need to stay open. Works great...

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lock screen Widgets!
When double clicking/pressing the home button it should give a screen with the list of all apps running (expose style), a music app on it, iPad info, Widgets (sort of like pressing the f4 key on a mac), some options such as turning off WiFi, and Bluetooth manager.
The ability to set music to shuffle/unshuffle , change album playing, repeat/unrepeat within the lock screen.
Moving wallpaper on lock screen (like the screensaver on the AppleTV) by default on a custom playlist.
More battery life!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
biobunny said:
Lock screen Widgets!
When double clicking/pressing the home button it should give a screen with the list of all apps running (expose style), a music app on it, iPad info, Widgets (sort of like pressing the f4 key on a mac), some options such as turning off WiFi, and Bluetooth manager.
The ability to set music to shuffle/unshuffle , change album playing, repeat/unrepeat within the lock screen.
Moving wallpaper on lock screen (like the screensaver on the AppleTV) by default on a custom playlist.
More battery life!

10 hours not enough for ya? ;)

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Not likely.... Jobs and company actively removed widgets from Apple. Jobs decided (public statements) that he does not want anything that changes the iThing desktop so widgets are gone.

Bob Maxey

There's hack to drag widgets on a mac to the desktop by typing in the terminal (without quotes) "defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode yes" and then "Killall Dock" (notice the capitals). You move widgets to the desktop by moving them around a bit in the dashboard and then pressing the dashboard key. Note that the widget will stay on top of all windows. I figured the clock widget would look great next to the dock if you have lots of dock space unlike me.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Lock screen Widgets!
More battery life!

What is interesting is that the motorola xoom apparently gets right near 10 hours as well, but it does it on a battery that is half the size of the iPads. Now there are tablets like the galaxy tab 10.1 coming out that have a 6860mah battery and might be able to push nearly 24 hours of video off of one charge if they can match what the xoom can do.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But but but........ dual core processors and all that fancy stuff the Xoom does will reduce battery life!

Wait.........

What?

LOL!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Lock screen Widgets!
More battery life!

What is interesting is that the motorola xoom apparently gets right near 10 hours as well, but it does it on a battery that is half the size of the iPads.

I read somewhere, actually yesterday, that they claim it gets 10 hour battery life, but in reality it gets 8.5.

Just sayin, boys. Don't kill the messenger, please?:(

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that was 8.5 with data features like Wi-Fi and other stuff activated with the screen brightness at 65% while playing constant video.

What Thphilli is saying is the physical size of the Xoom battery is half of what the iPad battery is. So that 8.5 hour play time recharges twice as fast as the iPad. This also means that everyone who was crying about how Honeycomb would kill the battery life along with the dual core processor have essentially been proven wrong, very very wrong.

So in theory, the same size battery as the iPad has, installed into the Xoom would last 17 hours in the same test situation. THAT is impressive. I'm guessing all the extra stuff they added like cameras and ports added weight, so they reduced the size of the battery to keep it from being too heavy, would have been nice if they would have included that same size battery in the Xoom though.

Just read over a Xoom review from a guy who is a self-proclaimed iPad lover and while he won't be throwing his iPad on eBay any time soon, even he noticed several things that would be wonderful to have in the next version of iOS:

http://www.businessinsider.com/an-ipad-lovers-review-of-motorola-xoom-2011-2

Last edited:

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, scratch what I said before. Xoom battery is 2x 3250, or 6500 mah. Hopes shattered.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I knew it was too good to be true. You aren't the only one who thought that, every site that mentioned the battery size said the same thing.

KaPOWitsCHRIS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
kapowitschris.com
Widgets on the a blank home screen also with a few app icons, a Lion style launch pad accessed by multitouch for apps, albums with albums for photos, overhauled notifications.

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your idea is great, but I am sure this won't happen!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Big T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Native printing through Pages to my WiFi printer.

would love to see Native Printing through iTunes with doc and photos over wifi network on and off your iPad without having to setup programs for windows or mac.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good ideas here!

Anything think iPad 1.0 users will have to pay for the next major updates?

Im predicting iPad 1.0 will run up to iOS 7

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Multiple Bluetooth Headphone Capability

Dual Bluetooth Headphone support!

It drives my wife and I crazy that we can't both watch a movie on my iPad with our Motorola Bluetooth headphones.

Most reactions

Latest posts