What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it will die. As the Android Smartphone made the iPhone irrelevant; Android has a greater share of the market. When the dozens of Android tablets are released this year the iPad will soon be irrelevant too. Before .... I get the iPhone basher thing, the numbers are real and I will likely use my iPad for awhile. I use the iPad for reading eBooks using Kobo. If want to browse the full web I can use my Samsung Captivate.

lol, you couldnt be more wrong. Android market share is still #3 under Blackberry and iPhone and with the iPhone going to other carriers it will get an even lower market share...I know on monday when I get my iPhone I will be smashing my Droid so it can't be activated on another account!

You realize the reason most people got an android was because it was their only option and the closest approximation (not hardly) to an iPhone.

Android phones were #1 for Q4 2010. They have been quickly gaining ground while the other big three manufacturers have been losing ground. Q1 2011 might be different results due to the iPhone being released on Verizon, but I would guess by the end of the year the overall market share race will be much closer, and Android *might* take the #1 spot.

Sorry, you are a bit confused. Android sold more units at that time yes...this was also at a time that AT&T had dropped unlimited data for low limits and high prices....NYC had stopped selling iPhones altogether and AT&T already had a lot of unhappy customers due to their crappy service.....android was on all platforms and smart phones are becoming common and affordable. So yes for one quarter the 50 or so models of android on every carrier dominated the single phone on a single carrier. That doesn't change that android is still at the bottom overall and about to take a nosedive with verizon (the prominent android carrier) about to offer what we verizon android users (sufferers) have wanted all along!

If Verizon had record sales for the iPhone presale to existing customers only, imagine how many of those are existing android, winmo and blackberry users!

Nielsen Releases Smartphone Market Share Figures, Android Domination Imminent? | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

fred2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I would like to see

After getting the first ipad I think the company needs to rethink its strategy. If you are going to block flash then offer a program that would read any of the flash files. Why cant my kids see the disney movies on disney.com or disney movies that are on the disneymoviesonline.com? It is a bit ridiculous to prevent the content when Jobs is the biggest holder of disney stock.:mad:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After getting the first ipad I think the company needs to rethink its strategy. If you are going to block flash then offer a program that would read any of the flash files. Why cant my kids see the disney movies on disney.com or disney movies that are on the disneymoviesonline.com? It is a bit ridiculous to prevent the content when Jobs is the biggest holder of disney stock.:mad:

Well, Apple would much rather have you buy those shows or movies from the iTunes store. That keeps the stock going up rather than having you watch them for free!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Firstly apple offers no program that reads flash files. The reason is that flash is unstable and a major cycle/memory drainer equalling a less stable slower experience with pathetic battery life....if adobe ever addresses these issues maybe it will change.

As for being able to view flash video there are no app store apps that do it either.

Skyfire and Cloudbrowse are simply desktop streaming services that are logging into strange computers to view your sites or video. I'm really surprised they are allowed in the app store...since stupid users could do something like...check their bank account and have their info stolen.

The best way to watch flash video on your iPad is with Splashtop remote and a good computer at home with a fast internet connection.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

Firstly apple offers no program that reads flash files. The reason is that flash is unstable and a major cycle/memory drainer equalling a less stable slower experience with pathetic battery life....if adobe ever addresses these issues maybe it will change.

As for being able to view flash video there are no app store apps that do it either.

Skyfire and Cloudbrowse are simply desktop streaming services that are logging into strange computers to view your sites or video. I'm really surprised they are allowed in the app store...since stupid users could do something like...check their bank account and have their info stolen.

The best way to watch flash video on your iPad is with Splashtop remote and a good computer at home with a fast internet connection.

But god forbid! That would require someone to do work and use their brains! Some people just "gimme gimme gimme I want it now" -.-

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But god forbid! That would require someone to do work and use their brains! Some people just "gimme gimme gimme I want it now" -.-

I think that's a little harsh. I would consider using a remote connection into your home PC more of an advanced topic than simply firing up Safari and browsing to the site you want to view. Personally, I would rather have my home PC sleeping when I am not around anyhow. Add to that the fact that I bet most of us don't have an internet connection that will allow for this to be a viable option away from home. Most home internet connections have either VERY low upload speeds or upload bandwidth caps making this a non starter. I have both on mine and it isn't a cheap service to start with ($49.99 a month).

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

I think that's a little harsh. I would consider using a remote connection into your home PC more of an advanced topic than simply firing up Safari and browsing to the site you want to view. Personally, I would rather have my home PC sleeping when I am not around anyhow. Add to that the fact that I bet most of us don't have an internet connection that will allow for this to be a viable option away from home. Most home internet connections have either VERY low upload speeds or upload bandwidth caps making this a non starter. I have both on mine and it isn't a cheap service to start with ($49.99 a month).

I was going off of some of the posts that were here and that some or most people who post these things dont have much experience with said things. Most people cannot be bothered by having to set up a workaround. Most just want it to work, without doing work themselves. It really is a "me me me gimme gimme" attitude from some people.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

24Mbps down, 3Mbps up....so works great for me!

AT&T U-Verse Los Angeles, CA.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T U-Verse Los Angeles, CA.

Sure, rub it in!

I'm guessing the fact that you are in Los Angeles and I am in Northwest Ohio probably has a lot to do with things. I'm on Roadrunner here and we get a whopping 512K for uploads, although I do test out at 12.5 Mbps download. I don't think we have U-Verse available here yet.

sailorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In somewhat prioritized order
  1. clever live sync of photos and documents and relevant app settings between all my iDevices and my laptop. Over 3G and wifi
  2. attach documents AND photos to emails from within the email app
  3. Numbers on keyboard
  4. Two finger slide in extra row of keys with arrows below the keyboard
  5. Shared apps and user file storage space. Sync able to dropbox,sugar,box,google and idisk
  6. Personal widget screen. Slide up with two fingers?
  7. 3G tethering with pc like iPhone
  8. Nested folders in photo archive
  9. Able to organise and rearrange folders and photos in photo app
  10. Sync docs and photos via dropbox and possible other data storage services
  11. Privacy mode for email and calendar requiring code to access
  12. SMS and mms capabilities
  13. Compatible with more printers

I am not asking for much, am I? -sure are hoping for a lot.
I ditto most of these, especially need to rework the photo app so we can easily organize photos the way we want them.

Why can't we have Apple TV put everything on our TV?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only want Flash. Everything else is nice to have. Lack of Flash is the one thing that makes this mostly awesome device so frustrating. Ditto that for my iPhone.

ugh, will this ever die already?

Only if we vow to beat them all to death. Or make them go and buy a sodding android instead. ;)

Anyhow... Wireless syncing please (which, annoyingly, I believe Andriod now has... Meh, they can keep their freebie, plastic handsets.. peasants.. ;)). Not much to ask for and comparatively easy to implement. I really can't think of anything else I'd like..?

Last edited:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They have come out with android for iPad so chill about flash, and they also have wireless syncing.
Whetwut? Links please?

It appears to be a dead project. Someone made an alternative boot hack for the iPad that could theoretically run Android, but the one video i've seen doesn't even show Android and that came out in November.

Most reactions

Latest posts