What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 - Untethered Jailbreak - Fastra1n?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several press release over the last few days with regards an Untethered iOS 5 jailbreak, one such release as follows;

'New York, NY - Apple has released the iPhone 4S & public version of iOS 5. Most of you have bought the iPhone 4S because of its amazing Siri feature & most of you are updating their iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1 to iOS 5 firmware. In case you are looking for Unlock and Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5 , then the good news is there is a jailbreak tool available to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4 by the name of FastRa1n'

'New iOS 5 untethered jailbreak and unlock iPhone 4 available- What is the current situation ? The well-known iPhone tool FastRa1n has been updated and the guy behind the unlock and untethered jailbreak iPhone 4 ios 5 jailbreaks has announced about one of the bigger pieces of news. iOS 5 untethered jailbreak iPhone 4 has been released by the name of FastRa1n'

So you think (or at least i did... doh!), that an Untethered jailbreak is avaiable, so you follow the links to the website (pay you $20... yes i paid, i am desperate) and log in to the members area, where you follow the guide and download the files. Only to see the files you are downloading are for a JB of 4.3.3.!!!!!

Anyhow, so i go back to the home page of the web-site to read ' Jailbreak iPhone 4 up to iOS5', as it states this is obviously up to but not including iOS5?

Am i missing something on the web-site is there a Fastra1n untethered JB for iOS 5 out there???

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps, it may just be a badly informed news article and not too clear wording of the website.

I should learn to read things in detail before jumping in feet first:)

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely, for sure, there is no jailbreak - untethered - for the iPad at present. You'll see the news of any jailbreak here in the Hacking section first. Everything else is a scam...

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Permission to post this was denied earlier today. You all need to be very careful and pay attention to our rules. I take a VERY dim view of folks that promote or support scams and / or fakes knowingly...

THREAD CLOSED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts