What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 SemiTether Jailbreak Updated, Now With Safari!

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Today was the release of a new update for the iOS 5 SemiTether Jailbreak. As some may know, this a is a Cydia package that you can download after Tether Jailbreaking an iOS 5 device that will allow you to boot up without a computer. If you happen to ever run out of battery or power off your and you're not near a computer, you're in luck. After installing the newest version of SemiTether, you will be able to power off your tethered device and still have the ability to turn it back on. Turning it back on will cause all of your Cydia tweaks and downloads not to work, but everything native to the device along with 3rd party apps will work. Mail is still a bit buggy but at least we now have Safari fully running after a SemiTethered boot. To revive all of your tweaks and packages, you just simple boot tethered from a computer as you normally would and you are back in the game.

You can download SemiTether from the Big Boss Repo in Cydia for Free. The iOS 5 unthethered Jailbreak should be releasing sometime within the next few weeks. Stay Tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And once again a WARNING for all iPad owners, this tweak is not fully supporting our devices yet! I tested it out yesterday and it forced me to RESTORE my JB iPad1 on 5.0 and I have as yet to get it to operate stably, even on just a fresh install.

The semi-tether works very well on iPhone and iPodTouch, but NOT iPad yet. We will let you know in the hacking section when we get better support for our device! You have been warned! :)

Last edited:

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
And once again a WARNING for all iPad owners, this tweak is not fully supporting our devices yet! I tested it out yesterday and it forced me to RESTORE my JB iPad1 on 5.0 and I have as yet to get it to operate stably.

The semi-tether works very well on iPhone and iPodTouch, but NOT iPad yet. We will let you know in the hacking section when we get better support for our device! You have been warned! :)

You saved me!

rzc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked for me...

I was going to wait but went ahead and did the semi-t yesterday. The only thing that did not worked was the Safari and Mail as noted. Used redsn0w_mac_0.9.9b7.

Most reactions