What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Reminders sync with google Tasks

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone one heard if this is possible or if it is a feature that has not been enabled yet?

I checked my google sync setup and it is already set to sync reminders but when I add a reminder the app it does not show up on either google calendar or google tasks. It does not work the other way around either. Any thoughts or ideas?

cguilbot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution for Siri / Google task opt google tasks like management

Hi Jumper,
I had the same request and couldn't find a way to sync reminders and google tasks.
I have a 4s , iPad 1 and I use chrome.
Tasks, contacts, agenda ,mail are Google.
Gotasks and Calengoo on iPad and iPhone.

I tried "remember the milk", installed it on iPad and iPhone. I use these versions.
The Siri interface works well, every reminder is directly in your ToDoList.
I add the RTM extension in chrome as it looks exactly like the tasks manager in gmail.
The only thing I lost is the task on top of the agenda in chrome.
You can add it with the Caldav stream, but I don't like it because you can see them on top but not edit them.

Hope it helps
Christian

Anyone one heard if this is possible or if it is a feature that has not been enabled yet?

I checked my google sync setup and it is already set to sync reminders but when I add a reminder the app it does not show up on either google calendar or google tasks. It does not work the other way around either. Any thoughts or ideas?

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It actually is possible natively without any 3rd party apps... as stated here in the MacWorld article.. First Look: iOS 5 Reminders | Macworld

Looks like if you synchronize the reminders with iCloud, and the calendar with Google Calendar, it might work?

-sh0

OP
wigsajumper

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sh0nuff said:
It actually is possible natively without any 3rd party apps... as stated here in the MacWorld article.. First Look: iOS 5 Reminders | Macworld

Looks like if you synchronize the reminders with iCloud, and the calendar with Google Calendar, it might work?

-sh0

perhaps that would work but then the reminders don't get synced to my phone (android device) and doesn't automatically get shared to my wife.

Thanks for everyone's input I appreciate the advice and suggestions.

john.karlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using gTasks HD. It is the best solution for syncing your tasks with Google Tasks. It even supports alerts that Google Tasks lack.
I found it on katans dot com :)

vdonatiello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was searching this matter ...
i have downloaded gTask app for iPad but it does not sync with google
instead i use gTask (and i am happy) from my android phone and it does sync with google
i will try gotask on iPad ... pity that we need to use 2 different apps (iPad and android) to sync with google :-(
thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts