What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Cross Reference

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a little frustrated and I am looking for a little help. Before I ask my question, please cut me some slack if there is a post out there that answers my question. I have spent the last 30-45 minutes looking.

Does anyone know if an iOS5 cross reference, that shows what functionality of iOS5 is on which iDevice?

I have an iPhone4 and an iPad (first gen). I am finding that some of the features and enhancements that I read about for iOS5 are not intended for the two devices I own.

Again, please cut me some slack if this question has been asked and the response is posted elsewhere.

Thanks,
iCrush

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't be so nervous - we are nice guys (really!)...OK...I'll move this to the Help section, because I think it will receive better attention there...

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Maybe an opportunity for an incremental upgrade before the iPad 3 comes out. Seems like the hardware is remarkably the same between the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S.

Thewit, who would know, said that the feature was yanked from 3Gs iPhones and the iPad before the last developer build; due to problems with accuracy of the geofence. Apple probably figured that a feature that kept misfiring would be less of a black eye than a missing feature. I tend to agree, especially with something you might depend on for important reminders.

OP
I

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A big thanks to everyone

Thank you all so much for your help. The links to Apple that show what is covered by what product is just what I am looking for.

Thanks again,
iCrush

Most reactions

Latest posts