What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read through the jailbreaking stickies but have a question. How will the release of 5.1 effect the ability to jailbreak? I'm assuming all previously packaged ipads will still have 5.0.1 and 5.1 will be an upgrade. I've read a few posts where it sounded like I need to hurry. I'm waiting to order to see what happens with the pricing of the ipad 2 vs the 3. I have a jailbroke iphone 4 and wouldn't do it any other way.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like 5.1 is imminent, so its probably 50/50 as to whether iPad3s will ship with it. With the new method of upgrading the OS, via patches instead of a whole brain transplant, it could be that Apple won't feel too rushed to bring in 5.1, so you could be lucky.

Shouldn't be too long before someone comes up with a JB for 5.1 though, if past performance is anything to go by.

OP
dpcardoza

dpcardoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good to know. If I can get an discounted ipad 2 then I'm pretty sure that is the route I'm going to go. If I do end up with an ipad 3 however its good to know someone is out there doing the heavy lifting. Thanks
Darren

Most reactions

Latest posts