What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1 update and wifi connectivity

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Predates it so much that it was a complaint with original iPad, and has resurfaced as a complaint with every update since. It is nothing new, and it appears to be a reoccurring theme that a certain percentage of people have problems after an update. Most seem to resolve it after a bit, or stop talking about it at any rate. I don't think anyone has done a serious poll or research on it since the iPad 1.

Battery life complaints also get a refresh every update, though there was a stronger than usual peak with the 5.0 update; enough that Apple admitted to there being a problem.

There seemed to be a swell after iOS 5, because there were a bunch of tech blogs writing about complaints. No telling how many people had probs, though. Wonder how many actually complain to Apple.

Battery probs seemed to swell with iOS 5, too.

Last edited:

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've been reading around here and other places.. I guess ios5 has some serious problems with wpa enterprise network.

I can't connect to my school's indoor wireless.. doesn't matter which building around campus. Outdoor wireless I can though since you have to go through vpn (juno pulse app).

Anyone know a work around?

mike95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I created a detailed blog post with video demonstration, description of various symptoms regarding the connection issues some users have been having with the iPad along with a workaround which works solidly for me. As I find posts with those concerns, I take the time to register (gosh why does every site require a registration!)...just to share the information. Good Luck

h t t p : / / michael.olivero.com/post/2012/04/05/iPad3-WiFi-connection-issues-resolved.aspx

iOSucks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hard reboot fixed wifi .. sort of

i had just updated my iPad2 with iOS 5.1.1, and the device stopped connecting to my hotspot modem. thanks for reminding me about the reboot option (hold down home+power buttons). that fixed it, and my iPad2 is now connecting.

unfortunately, i'm still seeing the wifi connectivity issues. it says it is connected but in actuality it lost its connection cuz all my apps complain about being offline. but my macbook will be connected to the same wifi and be online just fine. i was hoping that 5.1.1 would have fixed this, but alas, all is not paradise in iPad land.

by the way, i'm an apple fanboy. got iPads 1, 2, and 3 in the household.

i luv iOS--when it just works!

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never had issues, but after the last update I lose wifi connection awfully often on my ipad3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions