What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1 is now available in my updates...NOW WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK...I have a jailbroken iPad 2...I just got the notice that 5.1 is available. I know updating will remove my Jailbreak..and any tweaks I downloaded. I am thinking about doing the update...besides being able to test out apps before purchasing them (YES I have tried apps from a piracy-enabling tweak but I HAVE purchased a good number of them that I thought were worth it...there were a few apps that were $30 or more that I wanted to try BEFORE paying for them. I HAVE deleted the one's I didn't like or use...I'm just being honest here so don't judge :) there really wasn't much extra JB really offers me.

My question is what steps do I need to take right now as is? How do I back up with iTunes (just sync or is there a full back up somewhere?)...what else will I lose besides Jailbreak? Will I lose any data saved in my apps? Any settings? (Bluetooth pairings, wifi settings, etc)....if I DO decide to update I want to do this right..

Thank you for the help! I am still new to iOS and this is my first actual update process. I now what to expect with Android updates...been through MANY of them!

IMG_0130.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK...I have a jailbroken iPad 2...I just got the notice that 5.1 is available. I know updating will remove my Jailbreak..and any tweaks I downloaded. I am thinking about doing the update...besides being able to test out apps before purchasing them (YES I have tried apps from a piracy-enabling tweak but I HAVE purchased a good number of them that I thought were worth it...there were a few apps that were $30 or more that I wanted to try BEFORE paying for them. I HAVE deleted the one's I didn't like or use...I'm just being honest here so don't judge :) there really wasn't much extra JB really offers me.

My question is what steps do I need to take right now as is? How do I back up with iTunes (just sync or is there a full back up somewhere?)...what else will I lose besides Jailbreak? Will I lose any data saved in my apps? Any settings? (Bluetooth pairings, wifi settings, etc)....if I DO decide to update I want to do this right..

Thank you for the help! I am still new to iOS and this is my first actual update process. I now what to expect with Android updates...been through MANY of them!

View attachment 10851

But, Mike, we ARE going to judge you about using/doing piracy. Really don't care about your justifications - you downloaded apps for free that you should have paid for. That is piracy.

Here at this forum, we do not discuss any piracy-enabling tweaks or repos nor do we provide support for those that commit piracy. All this is in our rules - to which you agreed when you signed up.

We will, however, give you two free pieces of advice:

1) You can restore your iPad to the new iOS version using a backup and all your apps and settings will be fine.

2) Don't be a pirate!

Thread closed.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts