What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken would like to un- jailbreak and update to iOS 5.1

Spacegoogie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie here. I've decided that I want to update to iOS 5.1. I can wait for a jailbreak.
I do use a lot of tweaks but I would like to return to stock for now. I tried to just download the update
Over air but after downloading I receive an error massage when it try's to install.
Do I just need to update from iTunes? Thanks for any help.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To remove your jailbreak and install 5.1 you need to use the complete restore on iTunes.

The way the jailbreak works on the ipad 2 means system files need to be modified, moved, renamed, etc. and usually will cause an iOS update to fail. In the even it does update it can cause a multitude of problems, especially when rebooting the device because of the files needed to run an untethered jailbreak tend to be where stock iOS files are.

Because of this you need to actually restore it in iTunes because that will replace all the files in the system portion of the iPad with the factory specified ones.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts