What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.0.1 Software Update

shaids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Am a newbie to this site and also a newbie to the iPad world. Am sorry i didn't go through the forum to look for related question to what am about to ask. But i hope i will get an answer to my question. So....

I want to do an update to iOS 5.0.1 software but am afraid i will loose all the information songs pictures or applications i have stored on the iPad. My question is.... Will i loose all my information when i do an update through the iTunes???

Thanks in advance

shads

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You shouldn't, but do a backup first. Follow the onscreen prompts very carefully, and be patient, as it can take a while. Make sure your iPad is fully charged before you start and download the latest version of iTunes.

I'm not going to say you won't lose data, because plenty of us did when iOs5 first became available, but if things do go wrong you'll be able to restore from your backup when the new OS is in place.

It's worth pointing out that you should never have information you care about in just one place. Backups and archives are your friends, in this respect.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
S

shaids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you KevinJS for the information. I just started doing as you have explained..

thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts