What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 latest update release news

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well looks like i have to put my paint brush down. The UK gets to have the New 4.2 os at itunes uk. So sort out for backing all my stuff up just in case, and see how long its going to take. Enjoy all.

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We normally have a fast connection but today, I can't even get Google to load in under 15 seconds. According to out neteork people, it is something outside our area.

Dave01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded with no issues. Now to play with it a little. Weird though it shows my capacity at 53g instead of 32g. Not sure whats up with that

raspo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
took less then an hour - start to finish.. did not have to update any apps.. seems to be working fine. starting to play with it now..

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Beta (8c134) but cannot get (8C148) or whatever the newest version is. Anyone know where I can download?

SamAshley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated iTunes and to 4.2.1 for iPad. Spent a lot of time "updating". Don't see ANY of the new features on my iPad even though in iTunes it says, "This version (4.2.1) of the iPad software is up to date". What do I do if it says it is.. but it definitely is NOT updated on my iPad?

Bluesti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New operating system

I have downloaded and installed os 4.2.1. The sound is set at it's maximum, however I can hardly hear music from the speaker.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with os 4.2?

John

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated iTunes and to 4.2.1 for iPad. Spent a lot of time "updating". Don't see ANY of the new features on my iPad even though in iTunes it says, "This version (4.2.1) of the iPad software is up to date". What do I do if it says it is.. but it definitely is NOT updated on my iPad?

On your iPad go to settings then about and confirm your version....

The changes are not readily apparent...test for yourself.

Double-click home button and see the task tray

Tap, hold An icon to wiggle, drag icon on top of another and let go--folder created

These are two of the changes... If your iPad version is confirmed and you can apply these features you've successfully upgraded

Most reactions