What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 latest update release news

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, so we've got to be close to a release at this point, right? After posting a last week, Apple's back at it again with an iOS 4.2.1 build for its iPhone Developer Program members... and let's hope this is the very last one before it hits iTunes installations across the land. Or, you know, you can get it now if you shell out some funds in Cupertino's direction. Your call.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i have painted a lot of walls in my time, but i think more so since going Apple. So here we go, anyone wana paint another wall we can watch it dry together, nothinggggggggggggg like it. OS. NOT SURE WHAT COLOUR PAINT TO USE THOUGH,maybe ask apple but it could take to long for an anwser from them, i bet when its a payfor OS it is out on time. Enjoy the moment when it does get here, Christmas is just around the corner maybe Santa will bring it.:D

brianmackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple update servers were down for a couple hours yesterday It would seem somethings up. But I dont want it broken I want it working :)

Andylim123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 4.2 latest update release news

i don't think multitasking much important, its enhance feature like folders, airprint, airplay, game center.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man this is really irking me at this point. I am having issues with the iPad's/wireless here on Campus and I'm hoping this update fixes them. Meanwhile I can't do anything but tell clients to wait...

What issues are you having? I haven't had any issues on the old or new firmware...

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be patient , nothing said to say not. And as for maybe next week, Apple say the same, but next week next week. It comes when it comes for me as i am quite happy with what i have, might be that the new update will be good maybe not. OS Upgrades are not always up to the mark and can turn out to be a waste of time, slow a machine down take more resource or waste more power. You only have to look at what has happened with Pc OS over time. But Be patient i am otherwise i would not sit watching paint dry so much.:D

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man this is really irking me at this point. I am having issues with the iPad's/wireless here on Campus and I'm hoping this update fixes them. Meanwhile I can't do anything but tell clients to wait...

What issues are you having? I haven't had any issues on the old or new firmware...

Cisco aironet wireless network, using cisco's acs, and windows 08 dhcp. Users authenticate, but do not get an ip. Or sometimes, they got on for a few mins only to be knocked off.
Using Wpa enterprise, tkip, mshchap\ peap

iPhones and itouch are fine

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yet again

The final version of iOS 4.2 is now known as iOS4.2.1. This version of the OS has been released to Apple’s developer partners to test their applications against it. This likely means the release of IOS4.2.1 is imminent and we expect to see it released prior to Black Friday.

Read more: iOS 4.2 Should Be Coming Soon to an iPad Near You…But When? | Notebooks.com

:p Me thinks ill go paint another room, but there is a big factory just up the road mabe i might go start on that, and hey ho the new years is coming, and that is a fact. Apple cannot move that no matter what.;)

Dallasfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When

This is crazy ....when ,when,......stop teasing us....the beatles ....please what a rip off I was wanting my 4.2 but instead u got a beatles Home page.....give me my 4.2 ........please:ipad-movie:

Most reactions