What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 latest update release news

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bring it on! I for one can't wait for multitasking. It is the only thing that slightly irritates me about iPad. 10am US time is 6pm here in UK so we have to wait an extra 8 hours. Bring it on!!!

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bring it on! I for one can't wait for multitasking. It is the only thing that slightly irritates me about iPad. 10am US time is 6pm here in UK so we have to wait an extra 8 hours. Bring it on!!!
I hope it is what you want it to be. There aren't that many applications, yet, that really multitask, and the iPad has 1/2 the memory of the iPhone 4. I just hope that iOS is making the decisions that you want it to be making regarding what it keeps in memory and what it allows to take processor time.

When I was using one of the beta releases, I enjoyed it very much, but I have to say that I wasn't really doing a lot in the way of real multitasking.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope it is what you want it to be. There aren't that many applications, yet, that really multitask, and the iPad has 1/2 the memory of the iPhone 4. I just hope that iOS is making the decisions that you want it to be making regarding what it keeps in memory and what it allows to take processor time.

When I was using one of the beta releases, I enjoyed it very much, but I have to say that I wasn't really doing a lot in the way of real multitasking.

"Multitasking" doesnt require ram.....it is a state save mode. I have used the beta and it works wonderfully. Everyone is so stuck on this desktop meaning of multitasking....they have nothing to do with eachother...you don't have 2 apps running side by side...you close one app and it saves a little state file to identify where you left off...thats why you can power down and come back to that app. The only thing that runs in the BG is 1 music player at a time. Again, not very memory intensive!!

PhotoJim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.photojim.ca

You're 8 hours closer to 6 pm though. No extra waiting required!

By the way the US has four time zones (and Canada has six) so there is no such thing as "US time". (In fact I'm understating US time zones because I'm not counting Alaska and Hawaii, which have their own zones.)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go Apple! Imma miss my rotation toggle switch tough :(
Gone, but not forgotten!

ipad46.jpg

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will there be instructions on all the new features someplace?

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.2--Not Today, Maybe Tuesday

Grrr....per MacRumors

Contradicting a report from earlier this week that correctly predicted the release of Mac OS X 10.6.5 yesterday and also claimed that iOS 4.2 will be released tomorrow, iPhoneHellas reports [Google translation] that iOS 4.2 will not launch tomorrow and may debut next Tuesday, November 16th.

iPhoneHellas has offered correct information on iOS releases several times in the past, including accurately pinpointing the release of iPhone OS 2.2 ten days ahead of time and iOS 4.0.1 several hours before its launch.

iOS 4.2 will finally unify Apple's iOS devices on iOS 4, bringing such features as multitasking, home screen folders, and Game Center to the iPad for the first time while also delivering AirPrint, AirPlay, and a number of other enhancements to the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

iOS 4.2 Not Coming Until November 16th? - Mac Rumors

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You're 8 hours closer to 6 pm though. No extra waiting required!

By the way the US has four time zones (and Canada has six) so there is no such thing as "US time". (In fact I'm understating US time zones because I'm not counting Alaska and Hawaii, which have their own zones.)

My apologies! I of course am aware of the different time zones in North America, but I was Being lazy as I couldn't remember at the time if it was ET or PT. However the older I get the more confused I get, and as it is now 7.30am and I have just woken up what did you mean by "8 hours closer to 6pm.........no extra waiting required". ??

Most reactions

Latest posts