What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invisishield Rainbow Patches - Moisture under the shield?

mattlovell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, just lookin for a bit of advice.

Got an invisible shield on the front and back of my iPad. I'm fairly experienced fitting these as I work for Carphone Warehouse and fit them for customers quite regularly.

Since fitting it to my new iPad I've noticed that there are a fair amount of small patches across the screen that are most noticeable against a white background when the screen is lit, which seems to distort the pixels and give a rainbow colour effect. It's quite frustrating sometimes, especially if you are a perfectionist like me :( it's not air bubbles, seems more like a tiny amount of solution left under the shield.

It's not under the screen, already checked by peeling the shield up. Shield has been on maybe a day and not noticed much improvement, I know it can take a week or longer for 'imperfections' to work their way out, but I have noticed my 4S has similar patches, albeit a lot less noticeable.

I've put the iPad in my airing cupboard as I read somewhere low humidity warm environments can help dry it out. Also it's worth noticing I haven't been able to move the patches at all with a squeegee.

Any advice, similar experience or flaming the new guy welcomed. :D

Cheers

Most reactions